|Born||Josephine Skriver Karlsen
April 14, 1993 
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Hair color||Light Brown|
|Manager||The Society Management New York, Storm London, IMG Paris|
Skriver was born in Copenhagen, Denmark to a lesbian mother who is an IT analyst and a gay father who is a marine biologist. Her first "modeling" job was as a baby for local Danish packaging of Pampers. She visited New York City as a teenager and was approached about her modeling potential, and when she returned to Denmark she joined the roster of Unique Copenhagen.
In February 2011, Skriver debuted at New York Fashion Week's Fall/Winter 2011 season, walking for designers like Calvin Klein and Rag & Bone. She then moved on to Milan and Paris, where she walked for Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Balenciaga, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, and Valentino, amongst others. Skriver was also the show opener for Alberta Ferretti and show closer for Prada that season, all of which culminated into a Top Ten Newcomer recognition on various websites.
Since her runway debut, Skriver has been in campaigns for Gucci, Bulgari, Max Mara, Michael Kors, DKNY, and M.A.C.. She has worked with Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia, Tim Walker for American Vogue, Greg Kadel for German Vogue, Terry Richardson for H&M, Patrick Demarchelier, and more.
In 2013, Skriver openly discussed to the media about her upbringing with both parents being members of the LGBT community. She sought to speak to other children of LGBT parents and help them "to be open and try to who they are, whether their parents are gay or come out as gay later on in their upbringing." Her goal is for the general public to accept such families to be "just as traditional."
- "Seje fodboldpiger". tv2fyn.dk. May 26, 2010. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Supermodels when They Were Kids". Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "The Society Management - Josephine Skriver". The Society Management. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Models.com - Josephine Skriver". Models.com. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Model Josephine Skriver Wants To Be A Voice For The Children Of Gay Parents". Buzzfeed. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Meet the New Girl: Casting Agents Used to Fault Josephine Skriver for Being ‘Too Beautiful’". New York Magazine. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Josephine Skriver - Fashion Model - Profile on New York Magazine". New York Magazine. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Top 10 Newcomers FW11: Josephine". models.com. February 23, 2011. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "The Top Ten Models: Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear". Style.com. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Victoria's Secret fashion show 2013". FemaleFirst.co.uk. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "How One Model is Using Her Personal Story to Fight for Marriage Equality". Fashionista.com. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josephine Skriver.|