Joshua Eustis performing with Telefon Tel Aviv in 2009
|Birth name||Joshua Leeds Eustis|
|Also known as||Sons of Magdalene|
|Origin||New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.|
|Genres||IDM, electronica, ambient techno, ambient, industrial rock|
|Occupations||Musician, singer-songwriter, record producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, keyboards, bass, guitar, saxophone, erhu|
|Labels||Hefty, BPitch Control|
|Associated acts||Telefon Tel Aviv, Nine Inch Nails, Puscifer, Black Light Burns, Benelli|
Joshua Leeds Eustis (born 1977) is an American musician, singer-songwriter and record producer, best known as a member of the electronic music act, Telefon Tel Aviv. He served as a touring member for industrial rock act Nine Inch Nails in 2013 and collaborated with Maynard James Keenan's solo project Puscifer. Eustis currently releases music under the moniker Sons of Magdalene.
Eustis formed Telefon Tel Aviv with his high school friend Charles Cooper in 1999. The duo released their debut album, Fahrenheit Fair Enough, in 2001 through Hefty Records. This was followed by Map of What Is Effortless in 2004 and Immolate Yourself in 2009. On January 22, 2009, Charles Cooper died, leaving Eustis as the sole member of the project.
In 2011, Eustis co-produced Puscifer's second studio album, Conditions of My Parole. He also contributed to Puscifer's Donkey Punch the Night EP and All Re-Mixed Up remix album in 2013. In 2013, it was announced that Eustis became a live member of Nine Inch Nails for the Twenty Thirteen Tour. He mainly took the bass duties during the early tour, due to bassist Eric Avery's departure from the band. After bassist Pino Palladino's inclusion to the new line-up, he performed mainly on keyboards. In December 2013, it was announced that Eustis will not be performing with the band on the Tension 2014 tour.
In 2014, Eustis announced that he will be releasing a solo debut album as Sons of Magdalene, a moniker he started to use in 2007, when his father was diagnosed with cancer. The album, titled Move to Pain, was partially recorded before Cooper's death and will be released on June 24, 2014, through Audraglint Recordings.
- As Sons of Magdalene
- Ephemera EP (2008)
- Move to Pain (2014)
- With Telefon Tel Aviv
- With Nine Inch Nails
- With Puscifer
- "V" Is for Vagina (2007)
- "C" is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference HERE) (2009)
- Conditions of My Parole (2011)
- Donkey Punch the Night (2013)
- Other contributions
- Nine Inch Nails – "The Frail (Version)" (2000) (as Benelli)
- A Perfect Circle – "3 Libras (Feel My Ice Dub)" (2000)
- A Perfect Circle – "Judith (Remix)" (2000)
- A Perfect Circle – "Weak And Powerless (Remix)" (2003)
- A Perfect Circle – "Weak And Powerless (Tilling My Grave Mix)" (2003)
- A Perfect Circle – "Judith (Renholdër Mix)"
- Marilyn Manson – "Irresponsible Hate Anthem (Venus Head Trap Mix)" (2005)
- Puscifer – "Rev 22:20 (Rev 4:20 Mix)" (2005)
- Puscifer – "Indigo Children (JLE Dub Mix)" (2008)
- Puscifer – "Monsoons (JLE Motorik Mix)" (2013)
- Hopkin, Kenyon. "Telefon Tel Aviv". Allmusic. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Thiessen, Brock (January 27, 2009). "R.I.P. Charlie Cooper". Exclaim!. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Hartmann, Graham (July 13, 2012). "Puscifer’s Carina Round on Being Recruited by Maynard Keenan, Her Solo Career + More". Loudwire. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "Maynard James Keenan Talks About Covering Queen, Accept On New Puscifer EP". Blabbermouth.net. November 21, 2012. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "Puscifer and Sir Mix-a-Lot Collaborate at Last on 'All Re-Mixed Up' LP". Spin. June 4, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Doyle, Patrick (February 25, 2013). "Trent Reznor Confirms New Nine Inch Nails Lineup, Tour". Rolling Stone. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Scoczynski Filho, Fernando (July 1, 2013). "Former members of Nine Inch Nails: Where are they now?". Antiquet. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Cubarrubia, RJ (September 27, 2013). "Nine Inch Nails Unveil New Touring Lineup". Rolling Stone. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "Trent Reznor brings new line up together for NIN Tension 2013 Tour". Fact. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "Trent Reznor says Nine Inch Nails will tour North America in 2014 with new lineup". Consequence of Sound. December 6, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "Telefon Tel Aviv's Josh Eustis opens up about the death of his bandmate and his new album with Sons of Magdalene". Fact. April 7, 2014. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Murray, Robin (May 12, 2014). "Premiere: Sons Of Magdalene - Can't Won't Don't Want To". Clash. Retrieved June 22, 2014.