|Occupation||Documentary filmmaker, environmental activist|
|Known for||Gasland (2010)|
Josh Fox (born 1972) is an American film director and environmental activist, best known for his Oscar-nominated 2010 documentary, Gasland. He followed that up with the HBO production of "Gasland Part II," which premiered on July 8, 2013 and is due to be released on DVD on January 14, 2014. He is one of the most prominent public critics of hydraulic fracturing, also known as fracking.
Josh Fox now has a street in France. Inaugurated the 29th May 2014 in Aujac, in the south of France. A region where the French anti-shale-gas movement was born.
Fox was caught openly lying to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo in a letter claiming that hydraulic fracturing increased breast cancer rates in North Texas. Numerous research groups reported no spike in breast cancer rates as Fox described.
Fox has also been confronted multiple times about omission of facts, such as the fact that there have been multiple documented instances of flame coming from water faucets or fountains from as far back as 1936. When he was asked about this, his response was that it was irrelevant.
These shady tactics have led to critics complaining that Fox and anti-fracking groups are intentionally misleading the public with false information.
Fox graduated from Columbia University in 1995.
- Bauers, Sandy (2011). "A raucous anti-fracking rally in Center City". articles.philly.com. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Goldenberg, Suzanne (2012-02-01). "Josh Fox, director of Gasland, arrested at fracking hearing". The Guardian (London: GMG). ISSN 0261-3077. OCLC 60623878. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Banerjee, Neela (2012-02-01). "'Gasland' director Fox arrested filming House subcommittee". Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles: Tribune Co). ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "Inauguration d’une rue au nom d’un combattant contre le gaz de schiste". objectifgard.com. 2014.
- Begos, Kevin. "Experts: Some Fracking Critics Use Bad Science". Bigstory.Ap.Org. The Big Story. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States film director born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|