Gordon in 2014.
No. 12 Cleveland Browns
|Date of birth:April 13, 1991|
|Place of birth: Houston, Texas|
|High school: Houston (TX) Lamar|
|Supplemental Draft: 2012 / Round: 2|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Cleveland Browns|
|Roster status: Active|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2013
Joshua Caleb Gordon (born April 13, 1991) is an American football wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Browns in the second round of the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft. He played college football at Baylor.
- 1 Early years
- 2 College career
- 3 Professional career
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Awards and achievements
- 6 References
- 7 External links
During the college recruitment period Gordon was targeted by Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Texas Tech. According to Rivals.com Gordon was ranked as a 3-star wide receiver while Scout.com rated him as a 2-star at the position.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Houston, Texas||Lamar||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||225 lb (102 kg)||4.40||Jan 26, 2009|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: 75|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 224 (WR) Rivals: 70 (WR) ESPN: 128 (WR)|
Gordon accepted an athletic scholarship to play football for Baylor University. However in October 2010, during his sophomore year, he and teammate Willie Jefferson were found asleep at a local Taco Bell. Police found marijuana in Jefferson’s car. Jefferson, who was driving, was kicked off the team due to it being his second violation, but Gordon was only suspended.
Cleveland Browns (2012–present)
On July 16, 2012, Gordon signed a 4 year, $5.3 million deal with the Browns.
Gordon finished among the top rookie receivers in the 2012 draft class. He finished with 50 catches, for 805 yards, and 5 touchdowns. Gordon scored his first career touchdown against the New York Giants, where he finished the game with 2 catches for 82 yards and 2 touchdowns. Gordon had his first 100 yard game against the Oakland Raiders in week 13, where he finished with 6 catches for 116 yards and 1 touchdown. Gordon had a career high of 8 catches against the Kansas City Chiefs in week 14.
On June 7, 2013, the NFL announced that Gordon would be suspended for the first two games of the 2013 season due to violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. During week 12, Gordon had 237 receiving yards and in week 13, 261 yards. It marked the second time in NFL history a wide receiver had consecutive 200-yard receiving games, and first time in the regular season. On December 26, 2013, He was named PFWA Player of the Year following the season.
On December 27, 2013, Josh Gordon was voted to his first Pro Bowl Selection.
On May 9, 2014, reports stated that Gordon could be suspended for the entire 2014 season because of a 2nd failed drug test. Gordon has an appeal hearing set for August 1, after which the NFL will decide on how long Gordon's suspension will be.
~Sat out the season
^Includes Bowl Game
|^ 2010||Baylor||Big 12||13||42||714||17.0||94||7|
|~ 2011||Utah||PAC 12||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Awards and achievements
- ; 12/01/13, 261 yards)
- Most receiving yards, two-game span: 498 yards (11/24/13, 237 yards; 12/01/13, 261 yards)
- Most receiving yards, three-game span: 665 yards (11/24/13, 237 yards; 12/01/13, 267 yards; 12/08/13, 151 yards)
- Most receiving yards, four-game span: 774 yards (11/17/13, 125 yards; 11/24/13, 237 yards; 12/01/13, 267 yards; 12/08/13, 151 yards)
Browns franchise records
- Most receiving yards, game: 261 yards (12/01/13 vs. Jacksonville)
- Most receiving yards, season: 1646 yards (2013)
- "Josh Gordon Pro Football Reference Profile". pro-football-reference.com.
- Josh Gordon the big story in supplemental draft
- NFL supplemental draft: Josh Gordon's potential worthy of mid-round flier
- Despite pulled quad, Josh Gordon impresses at workout before supplemental draft
- "Josh Gordon". Scout.com. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "Josh Gordon". Rivals.com. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- McClain, John (July 12, 2012). "Former Baylor WR Josh Gordon hopes to leave his past behind him". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "Receiver-starved Browns gamble on Josh Gordon in Supplemental Draft". Sports Illustrated. July 12, 2012. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- Davis, Nate (July 12, 2012). "Browns select ex-Baylor WR Josh Gordon in supplemental draft". USA Today. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- Schefter, Adam (July 12, 2012). "Browns take Josh Gordon in Round 2". ESPN. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- Kay, Joe (June 7, 2013). "Browns WR Josh Gordon suspended for 2 games". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Josh Gordon's consecutive 200-yard games set record
- "Gordon, Thomas honored by PFWA". clevelandbrowns.com. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- Quinn, T.J. (May 10, 2014). "Josh Gordon Faces Suspension". ESPN. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Jones, Lindsay (July 5, 2014). "Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon arrested for DWI". USA Today. Retrieved July 7, 2014.