Holloway at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International.
|Born||Joshua Lee Holloway
July 20, 1969
San Jose, California, United States
|Spouse(s)||Yessica Kumala (2004–present); 1 child|
Holloway was born in San Jose, California, the second of four boys of a nurse mother and a surveyor father. His family moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia when he was two. He was raised in Free Home, Georgia. Holloway is related to Baptist preacher Dr. Dale Holloway and author and World War II prisoner-of-war Carl Holloway. Holloway grew up in the small North Georgia town of Free Home and attended Cherokee High School in Canton, Georgia. He developed an interest in movies at a very young age. He studied at the University of Georgia for a year, but left to pursue a career as a model.
Holloway's ambition for acting led him to Los Angeles, where he landed a role in the comedy Doctor Benny. He followed up with lead roles in the movies Mi Amigo, Moving August, and Cold Heart. Following these roles, he gained recognition for his lead role in the Sci-Fi Channel movie Sabretooth with David Keith and John Rhys-Davies. He also made appearances in Good Girls Don't episode, "Addicted To Love"; NCIS episode, "My Other Left Foot"; The Lyon's Den episode, "Separation Anxiety"; Walker, Texas Ranger episode, "Medieval Crimes"; CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, episode "Assume Nothing"; and Angel episode, "City of." Holloway appeared in the Aerosmith video for the song "Cryin'" as a thief who tries to steal Alicia Silverstone's purse from a diner and is caught and beaten up by her.
He is best known for his role as James "Sawyer" Ford in the hit television series Lost. The show propelled Holloway to celebrity status, but left him with little time to leverage his fame with other roles. According to USA Today, he took himself out of consideration for a role in a Brad Pitt Western due to the demands of his filming schedule. Nevertheless, he found time to star in the thriller Whisper and he also ventured into the world of video games in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. In the game, he plays the role of a Brotherhood of Nod intelligence officer named Ajay whose primary role is to assist players by supplying information that is crucial to upcoming battles. In May 2007, 20th Century Fox approached Holloway for the second time and offered him the role of Gambit in X-Men 4. In 2005, People Magazine named Holloway one of the "50 Most Beautiful People in the World." In January 2006, In Touch Weekly named Holloway the "hottest hunk" on television. In the same month, Holloway was voted the seventeenth sexiest guy worldwide by British readers of OK! magazine. In the same year, he was voted the second Sexiest Star in Hollywood by US Weekly.
In March 2007 Holloway was selected as the new face for Davidoff's "Cool Water" fragrance worldwide. In Spring 2008, Holloway was selected as the first male spokesperson for Magnum Ice Cream of Turkey. Previous Magnum spokespersons include Eva Longoria and Elizabeth Hurley. In the same year he made the top ten list of TV Guide's Sexiest Stars.
Holloway appeared in the 2009 film Stay Cool, a comedy written by the Polish brothers. Artist Salvador Larocca is believed by Comic Book Resources columnist Timothy Callahan to have used Holloway as the model for his rendition of Tony Stark during his run on Iron Man, which began in 2008. In June 2010, Holloway won a Saturn Award for "Best Actor on Television" for his role on Lost. In September 2010, Holloway was added to the cast of Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, which was released in December 2011. In February 2013, Entertainment Weekly reported that the upcoming CBS television show "Intelligence stars Lost's Josh Holloway as a cybercrime agent who can 'access the entire electromagnetic spectrum' with his mind."
At the end of shooting the Lost pilot in Oahu, Hawaii, Holloway proposed to his longtime girlfriend, Yessica Kumala, a native of Indonesia. The couple married on October 1, 2004. They have one child, and another on the way.
On a Channel 4 trailer that aired in the UK, Holloway stated "I do enjoy my beer," and opined that the greatest invention of all time was "distilled alcohol," while his Lost colleagues selected "pen and paper," "the wheel," and "the guitar."
|2002||Moving August||Loren Carol|
|2002||Mi Amigo||Younger Pal|
|2002||My Daughter's Tears||Uncredited|
|2006||Just Yell Fire||Himself||Free film|
|2011||Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol||Trevor Hanaway|
|2013||Battle of the Year: The Dream Team||Jason Blake|
|1999||Angel||Good-Looking Guy||Episode: 'City of...'|
|2001||Walker, Texas Ranger||Ben Wiley||Episode: 'Medieval crimes'|
|2003||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Kenny Richmond||Episode: 'Assume Nothing'|
|2003||Lyon's Den, TheThe Lyon's Den||Lana's Boytoy||Episode: 'Separation Anxiety'|
|2004||NCIS||Sheriff||Episode: 'My Other Left Foot'|
|2004||Good Girls Don't||Eric||Episode: 'Addicted to Love'|
|2004–2010||Lost||James "Sawyer" Ford||Main Role (116 episodes)
Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
|2011||Community||Black Rider||Episode: 'A Fistful of Paintballs'|
|2013||Yo Gabba Gabba!||Farmer Josh||Episode: Farm|
|2014||Intelligence||Gabriel Vaughn||Lead role|
|2007||Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars||Ajay|
- "Josh Holloway profile at". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- "Happy the Pow: A Short Story About a Long Ordeal", Quail Ridge Press – August 1981
- "Josh Holloway profile". TV.com. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- Keck, William (November 29, 2005). "Fame's a breeze for Holloway". USA Today. Retrieved September 1, 2008.
- PEOPLE's 50 Most Beautiful People People (magazine). 4/27/2005
- ‘Lost's’ Josh Holloway is top In Touch hunk 1/25/2006
- George Clooney – Clooney tops sexiest star poll Contact Music., November 10, 2006.
- "Lilly Gets A Splash Of Cool Water". The Internet Movie Database. July 17, 2008. Retrieved September 1, 2008.
- Patrick Dempsey, Jennifer Love Hewitt TV Guide Sexiest Stars 2008 Pop Crunch, May 1, 2008.
- Callahan, Timothy. Review of "Invincible Iron Man #28". Comic Book Resources. July 18, 2010.
- Hibberd, James (February 22, 2013). "Hollywood Insider: What's Going on Behind the Scenes: TV's Pilot Season Goes (Very) High-Concept". Entertainment Weekly (New York: Time Inc.): 26.
- Fame's a breeze for Josh Holloway
- "Celeb Best Inventions". YouTube. 2006-11-22. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- Keck, William (April 25, 2011). "Keck's Exclusives: First Look at Josh Holloway Back in Action". TV Guide. Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- "Yo Gabba Gabba! Series 4 Episode 12 Farm". freev.com.au. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- Josh Holloway at the Internet Movie Database
- Josh Holloway Spanish Fansite
- Josh Holloway at FanForum