Hull at the St. Louis Rams 2013 training camp.
No. -- Free agent
|Date of birth:May 21, 1987|
|Place of birth: State College, Pennsylvania|
|High school: Spring Mills (PA) Penns Valley|
|College: Penn State|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 254|
|Debuted in 2010 for the St. Louis Rams|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Joshua Lynn Hull (born May 21, 1987) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was selected by the St. Louis Rams in seventh round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football for Penn State.
Hull grew up in Millheim, Pennsylvania, approximately 25 miles east of State College, Pennsylvania. He attended Penns Valley High School, where he played football under coach Martin Tobias. He was a three-year starter, serving as team captain and defensive captain as a senior. Hull was selected first-team all-conference on defense after his senior season and was a team captain in the 2006 Lezzer Lumber Classic. He was also a three-year letterman on the baseball team, earning first-team all-conference accolades as an outfielder.
A former walk-on, Hull became a starter in 2008 when pre-season All-American Sean Lee suffered a season-ending knee injury in spring practice. Hull was the starter for all 13 games that season, finishing as the second leading tackler behind NaVorro Bowman with 66 tackles, one quarterback sack, and one interception. He had a game-high nine tackles in the 2009 Rose Bowl.
Hull was also recognized for academics while at Penn State. He was a member of the Dean's List and was named an Academic All-Big Ten scholar-athlete, while majoring in environmental systems engineering. He was named a 2008 Academic All-American, and an inaugural recipient of a Big Ten Distinguished Scholar Award for the 2008-09 academic year.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 3 in||237 lb||32¾ in||9 in||1.64 s||2.75 s||4.07 s||6.73 s||32½ in||9 ft 9 in||25 reps||x|
|Values from NFL Combine and Penn State pro day |
Although not initially invited to the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine, he was added to the list of invitees on January 29, 2010. Hull and teammate Dennis Landolt trained for the combine at TEST in Martinsville, New Jersey, based partially on the recommendation of his agent, Joe Aloisi and former Nittany Lion Rich Ohrnberger.
St. Louis Rams
Hull was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the seventh round (#254 overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract with the Rams on June 28, 2010. Hull was released by the Rams on August 30, 2013.
New England Patriots
Hull is married to Megan Meyers Hull.
Hull currently resides in Pleasant Gap, PA.
- "43 Josh Hull". Pennsylvania State University. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- Giger, Cory (2009-08-13). "PSU linebacker Hull shakes off criticism, guarantees he will start". The Altoona Mirror.
- "2008 ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America". College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- "More than 60 Nittany Lions among first Big Ten Distinguished Scholars". The Pennsylvania State University. 2009-07-20.
- "Trio of Nittany Lions Set to Play in Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Game". Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics. 2010-01-30.
- "Josh Hull". NFL Draftscout.com. 2010-02-29. Retrieved 2010-09-01. Check date values in:
- Flounders, Bob. "Jared Odrick heads list of Penn State players headed to NFL scouting combine". The Patriot-News. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- "2010 NFL Combine Additions". TFY Draft Insider. 2010-01-29.
- Bauer, Nate (2010-02-11). "Hull training hard for Combine success". rivals.com.
- "Rams take linebacker to wind up draft". Victoria Advocate. 2010-04-24. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- "Rams agree to terms with eight of 11 draft choices". St. Louis Rams. 2010-06-28.
- Jones, Mike (October 15, 2013). "Redskins sign three to boost secondary and special teams, cut Pugh". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Florio, Mike. "Redskins part ways with three". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- Alper, Josh (April 24, 2014). "Report: Patriots sign Josh Hull". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Jaguars waive 3 injured, sign WR Kenny Shaw, DT David Carter, LB Josh Hull". FoxNews.com. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- CB Mike Harris among 11 players released