||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
Lawson at the premiere of Any Questions for Ben? in Sydney, February 2012
22 July 1981
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Joshua Lawson (born 22 July 1981) is an Australian film and television actor.
Life and career
Josh Lawson was born and raised in Brisbane, and attended St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace. He graduated from the National Institute of Dramatic Art in 2001. He also spent one year studying improvisation techniques in Los Angeles at The Second City, The Groundlings, ACME Comedy Theatre and I.O. West.
Lawson has had guest-starring roles in such popular Australian television programs as Blue Heelers and Home and Away, but is probably best known for his appearances on the improv comedy program Thank God You're Here and on the Australian dramas Sea Patrol and The Librarians. He also had a guest role in the comedy Wilfred and starred in several television commercials, including advertisements for Coca-Cola Cherry and Gold Class cinemas. Lawson Also Played Bob In the cartoon hangover series 'Rocket Dog' (2013)
He was also one of the "Uncles" on the ABC's Agony Uncles (2012).
In 2012 Lawson starred in his biggest role to date, appearing alongside Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis in the comedy hit The Campaign. Lawson also appeared in Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues and Crave.
In 2013, he began voicing the role of Bob in the online series Rocket Dog.
- Wigney, James (29 January 2012). [=http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/lawsons-ballad-about-falling-in-love/story-fn6ck8la-1226256071668 "Lawson's ballad about love mimics life"]. The Sunday Mail (News Limited). Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "James Brayshsaw is no wipeout". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- "Josh Lawson". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- Schembri, Jim (9 February 2012). "Any Questions for Ben?". The Age. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- Roach, Mel. "Rocket Dog".
|This article about an Australian television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Australian comedian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|