|Born||November 13, 1969|
|Instruments||Piano, drums, guitar|
|Associated acts||Mutato Muzika|
Josh Mancell is an American freelance composer and musician who writes music for film, television, and video games. Based in Los Angeles, Josh Mancell is currently affiliated with Soundtrack Music Associates. He is most famous for his music in the original Crash Bandicoot series and the first three Jak and Daxter games.
As a child, Mancell learned to play the piano, drums and guitar and was a "rabid record geek". The exposure of playing music in different types of bands (such as punk rock, jazz, marching bands, orchestras, etc.) combined with being a fan of many genres led Mancell to pursue a composing career. He was encouraged by his college professors to move to Los Angeles to write music for film and television. Mancell's first cousin is Bobby Ritchie, better known as Kid Rock.
Musical style and influences
Mancell's influences include electronic artists such as Mouse on Mars, A Guy Called Gerald, Aphex Twin, Juan Atkins, Richard H. Kirk and Kraftwerk, as well as progressive rock band Pink Floyd. He has cited their "interesting rhythmic elements" and said that "melodically they're simple but kind of leftfield too".
- Johnny Mnemonic: The Interactive Action Movie (1995)
- Crash Bandicoot (1996)
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (1997)
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (1998)
- Crash Team Racing (1999)
- Interstate '82 (1999) - with Mark Mothersbaugh
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (2001)
- Jak II (2003)
- Jak 3 (2004)
- Totome (2015)
- Bongwater (1997) - with Mark Mothersbaugh
- This is Harry Lehman (1999)
- Love Comes to the Executioner (2006)
- Stanley (2008)
- Milkshake (2008)
- Eat the Sun (2009)
- The Lights (2009)
- A Star for Rose (2010)
- Futurequest (1994)
- Clifford the Big Red Dog (2000–2003) - with Mark Mothersbaugh
- Gary the Rat (2003)
- Shorty McShorts' Shorts ("Dudley and Nestor Do Nothing") (2006)
- Music Associates LLC (2011?-present)
Mancell has been a member of various bands and musical groups outside of his solo composing career.
- The Millionaires (punk/garage band)(1995-1996)
- Uluteka (acid jazz/lounge band)(1996)
- Mutato Muzika (music production company) (1996-2004)
- The Dining Room Set (power pop/mod/soul)(1999) 
- The_Wipeouters (surf/electronic)(2001)
- The Moon Upstairs (psychedelic/rock) (2006-2010)
- Exploding_Flowers (pop/post punk/powerpop) (2010-present)
- Keiji (April 3, 2008). "Interview with Josh Mancell". Crash Mania. Retrieved April 12, 2010.
- "Eat the Sun Presskit". Sorcher Films. 2009. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- "Band Info". The Unofficial ULUTEKA Home Lounge. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "The Dining Room Set". allmusic. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- Anderson, Richard J. "The Wipeouters - P'Twaaang!". Forgotten Records. Kittysneezes. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
|This article about a United States composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|