|Joshua P. Mankiewicz|
August 27, 1955 |
Berkeley, California, U.S.
|Occupation||NBC News Correspondent|
Joshua Paul "Josh" Mankiewicz (born August 27, 1955) is an American journalist, who has been reporting for Dateline NBC since 1995. He has also reported for The Today Show and NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. Before moving to NBC, Mankiewicz worked as a producer and reporter for ABC News.
Although he has covered a wide variety of stories, he may be best known for his Dateline NBC report on the Atkins Diet. In the piece, he showed his personal progress on the diet, losing upwards of 47 pounds (21 kilograms). In 2006, in addition to his work as a correspondent, he was featured in "The Mank Blog," an irreverent look at what people are talking about online.
Early life and education
Mankiewicz is the son of Holly (née Jolley) and Frank Mankiewicz. Mankiewicz' father was Robert F. Kennedy's press secretary. His father is Jewish and his mother is Mormon. He is the grandson of famed screenwriter Herman Mankiewicz and great-nephew of screenwriter, producer and director Joseph L. Mankiewicz. He is the older brother of radio personality and Turner Classic Movies weekend host Ben Mankiewicz. He was also a cousin of screen writer Tom Mankiewicz. His cousin is filmmaker/television producer Nick Davis.
- "What Mom taught me... - Inside Dateline". Insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- Bonnett, Margie. "Frank Mankiewicz". People.com. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Ben's Top Pick for December". Turnerclassicmovies.com. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Haverford College: Department of Anthropology : Welcome". Haverford.edu. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Josh Mankiewicz". TODAY.com. 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|