|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
|Birth name||Joshua Scogin|
July 17, 1981 |
Douglasville, Georgia , U.S.
|Associated acts||'68, The Chariot, Norma Jean, A Rose, By Any Other Name|
Josh Scogin is an American musician, best known as being the vocalist for the American mathcore band, The Chariot. He originally gained recognition as the vocalist and founding member of the band Norma Jean, after recording two full length albums, a split release, and an EP. Scogin left Norma Jean shortly after the release of their first album, Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child. With the release of the album, Scogin stated “I wish I had some great story about a big fight or aliens or something, but really it was just something that I felt led to do.”. Shortly after leaving Norma Jean, Scogin started the band The Chariot, saying he “Creating something out of nothing ... It is the basic concept of art.” The Chariot released their debut album, Everything Is Alive, Everything Is Breathing, Nothing Is Dead, and Nothing Is Bleeding in late 2004. The record was recorded live in the studio and was raw and unpolished, including feedback throughout the album. In June 2005 Josh was co-producer of As Cities Burn's debut album Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest. He performed guest vocals on the track "Admission: Regret". A year after Everything Is Alive, Everything Is Breathing, Nothing Is Dead, and Nothing Is Bleeding had been released, Scogin and the rest of The Chariot went on to release the Unsung EP. After a major line-up change the band went back into the studio to record what Scogin said would "define who The Chariot" was. In April 2007, The Chariot released their second full length album entitled The Fiancée. In late 2007 Josh and his wife April had a baby girl. Also, in November 2010, Josh and April welcomed their second child; a little boy. On May 5, 2009, The Chariot released their third full-length album entitled Wars and Rumors of Wars. On November 22, 2010, The Chariot released their fourth full-length album entitled Long Live.
Josh Scogin has a solo project called "A Rose by Any Other Name", and album titled "One For My Master And One For My Dame" which was released on May 7, 2010. Scogin tends to write softer, more melodic music, "to break up the continuity of writing predominantly heavier songs." Many of the songs are written for his wife, April. He also makes guest appearances on guitar for the band Listener.
- Luti-Kriss - Travail + Luti-Kriss (Luti-Kriss tracks)
- Luti-Kriss - 5ep
- Luti-Kriss - Throwing Myself
- Norma Jean - Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child
- Norma Jean - Norma Jean/mewithoutYou Split 7" (on side a)
- Oh Henry - Oh Henry
- The Chariot - Everything Is Alive, Everything Is Breathing, Nothing Is Dead, and Nothing Is Bleeding
- The Chariot - Unsung EP
- The Chariot - The Fiancée
- The Chariot - Wars and Rumors of Wars
- The Chariot - Long Live
- A Rose, By Any Other Name - One For My Master And One For My Dame - May 7, 2010
- The Chariot - One Wing
- '68 - Midnight (7-Inch Vinyl)
- The Showdown - A Chorus of Obliteration (on "From The Mouth Of Gath Comes Terror")
- As Cities Burn - Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest (album producer, guest vocals on "Admission:Regret")
- Bring Me The Horizon - There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret (on "The Fox and The Wolf")