|Education||University of Pennsylvania, Yale University|
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania (B.A.)
Yale University (M.A.)
|Occupation||journalist, music critic|
Josh Tyrangiel is an American journalist, and editor of Bloomberg Businessweek. He joined the magazine following its acquisition by Bloomberg L.P. in December 2009. Prior to joining Bloomberg Businessweek, Tyrangiel was deputy managing editor of TIME magazine and managing editor of TIME.com. Tyrangiel joined TIME in 1999, holding various positions including assistant managing editor, national editor, and London correspondent. He was also a music critic for TIME from 2001-2009. In 2010, Tyrangiel was named one of The New York Observer's Insurgents of 2010.
Tyrangiel attended the University of Pennsylvania and received his master's degree in American Studies from Yale University. Before coming to TIME, he worked at Vibe and Rolling Stone magazines and produced the news at MTV. He came to work for TIME in 1999 as a staff writer and music critic.
In journalistic circles, Tyrangiel was considered to be the successor to Richard Stengel, the current editor of TIME. However, in November 2009, Tyrangiel left TIME when he was named Editor of BusinessWeek, which was acquired by Bloomberg L.P. 
Tyrangiel has served on the judges panel for the Shortlist Music Prize.
Tyrangiel has a number of interviews with celebrities and dignitaries:
- Kanye West*
- Dixie Chicks*
- Bruce Springsteen*
- Barack Obama
- Senator John Kerry
- Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert
- Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer
- Yao Ming
- Sean Penn
- Nicole Kidman
- George Clooney
In addition, Tyrangiel has published a review of Michael Jackson's musical legacy in Time.com shortly after the pop star's death.
Note: An asterisk (*) indicates a cover article.
Tyrangiel is Jewish.
- Time Inc. (September 14, 2006). "Josh Tyrangiel is Named Editor of Time.com" Press release. Retrieved on 2008-01-30
- No byline (December 30, 2009) "The New York Observer's Insurgents of 2010" Retrieved on 2011-01-03
- No byline (August 12, 2007) Speaker Biographies Journalists.com. Retrieved on 2008-01-31
- Carr, David (2007-01-08), "Slimmer Time in the Age of the Internet". The New York Times. Retrieved on 2008-01-31
- Stephanie Clifford (Nov. 17, 2009)"Josh Tyrangiel Named Editor of BusinessWeek"
- Tyrangiel, Josh (October 28, 2007), "A House Divided". The New York Times. Retrieved on 2008-01-31
- "A House Divided", a personal essay on his family's passion for college football for The New York Times (October 28, 2007)
- "Bloomberg Taps Time’s Tyrangiel for BusinessWeek Post", Bloomberg LP named Time.com Managing Editor Josh Tyrangiel as editor of BusinessWeek, the magazine it is buying from McGraw-Hill Cos. Bloomberg.com (November 17, 2009)