|Born||New York City, New York, US|
|Alma mater||Yale University, Harvard Business School|
|Occupation||Managing Director at Bain Capital|
Joshua Bekenstein is an American businessman and Managing Director at Bain Capital. He has been a Managing Director since 1986.
Education & personal life
Since earning his degrees, Bekenstein has stayed active with Yale, serving on the Board of Advisors of the Yale School of Management, the Yale Investment Committee, an at-large member of the University Council, the co-chair of the Yale Tomorrow Campaign, and a member of the Yale Development Council. He was also appointed as a new successor trustee of the Yale Corporation in 2013.
Bekenstein lives in Wayland, Massachusetts, with his wife, Anita, and five children.
Bekenstein worked at Bain & Company following his graduation from Yale where he worked with companies in a variety of industries. He joined Bain Capital at its founding in 1984 and has served as a Managing Director since 1986.
Bekenstein serves as a board member of Gymboree Corporation, Dollarama, Toys "R" Us, Bombardier Recreational Products, Michaels Stores, Burlington Coat Factory, Waters Corporation and Bright Horizons Family Solutions.
Bekenstein currently serves as a co-chair on the Board of Directors of New Profit Inc., a Boston-based venture philanthropy fund and as a member on the Board of Trustees of the Pan-Mass Challenge, an annual bike-athon that crosses the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to raise money for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, where Bekenstein serves as chairman of the Board of Trustees. Bekenstein co-chaired Dana-Farbers “Mission Possible” campaign that hit its goal to raise $1 billion a year early in September 2009. Bekenstein also chairs the board of Be The Change, is a board member of City Year, Opportunity Nation, and New Leaders. He also contributes to Horizons for Homeless Children, Year Up, Teach for America, Kipp Schools, and Boston Children’s Hospital.
- "Hill and Bekenstein joining the Yale Corporation". Yale News. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Joshua Bekenstein". Bain Capital. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Board of Directors". Dollarama. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Board of Directors". Waters. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Joshua Bekenstein". Opportunity Nation. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Joshua Bekenstein". Forbes. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- New Profit Inc. Board of Directors
- Pan-Mass Challenge Board of Trustees
- "Members of the Board of Trustees" (PDF). Dana-Farber. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Grillo, Thomas. "Dana-Farber hits $1B goal a year early". Boston Herald. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Board of Directors". New Leaders. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Philanthropy Spotlights: Josh Bekenstein". The Bridgespan Group. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Josh Bekenstein". Be the Change. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Call for Nominations". NACD. Retrieved 24 November 2014.