Joshua Cohen (writer)
Somers Point, New Jersey
|Occupation||novelist, story writer|
|Genre||Jewish, Literature, Speculative Fiction|
Joshua Aaron Cohen (born September 6, 1980 in New Jersey) is an American novelist and writer of stories.
- Cadenza for the Schneidermann Violin Concerto (2007) (completed in 2006)
- A Heaven of Others (2008) (completed in 2004)
- Witz (2010)
- Book of Numbers (forthcoming from Random House)
Witz was named a Best Book of 2010 by The Village Voice.
- The Quorum (2005) (completed in 2001)
- Aleph-Bet: An Alphabet for the Perplexed (2007)
- Bridge & Tunnel (& Tunnel & Bridge) (2010)
- Four New Messages (2012)
- Attention! a (short) history (2013, UK)
- Imaginary Appreciations of Myself as Hebrew Poet appeared in the Memoir Issue (2011) of Guernica Magazine.
- Emission appeared in the Spring 2011 issue of The Paris Review.
- McDonald's appeared in the May 2012 issue of Triple Canopy (online magazine).
- The College Borough appeared in the July 2012 issue of Harper's.
- "Fat" appeared in the December 7, 2012 edition of Tablet Magazine.
Essays have appeared in Harper's, The New York Times, The New York Times Book Review, Bookforum, The Forward, Nextbook, Tablet Magazine, Triple Canopy (online magazine), Denver Quarterly, The Believer, The New York Observer, The London Review of Books, N+1 online, Guernica Magazine', and elsewhere.
- Cohen, Joshua (November–December 2008). "The Kiss of Judas: The Caravaggio Painting Stolen from Odessa was a Fake". The Believer 6 (9): 61.
- Cohen wrote the introduction to Landscape in Concrete by Jakov Lind, published by Open Letter Books in March 2009.
- "On Thomas Pynchon"
- "On Bohumil Hrabal"
- "On Henry Roth"
- "On Yitzhak Laor"
- "On John Zorn"
- "On Gustav Mahler"
- "On Jonathan Franzen's Karl Kraus"
- "On Ben Marcus"
- "On The Olympia and Obelisk Presses"
- "On Giacomo Leopardi"
- "On the phrase Open Sesame"
- "The Font of the Hand"
- "Thirty-Six Shades of Prussian Blue" an illustrated portrait/"blueprint" of the color in Triple Canopy (online magazine).
- "An Offering to the Priests of Yiddish", an article on Lamed Shapiro in the Jewish Daily Forward. (May 2007)
From May through December 2012 Cohen was the New Books critic for Harper's.
"The 2013 Matanel Prize in Jewish Literature". Pushcart Prize 2012
- The New York Times
- The New York Times
- Time Out New York
- Barnes & Noble Review
- New Haven Review
- The Nation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joshua Cohen (writer).|