Dallas at San Diego Comic-Con International on July 26, 2014
|Born||Joshua Paul Dallas
December 18, 1981
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Lara Pulver (m. 2007–11)
Ginnifer Goodwin (m. 2014)
Joshua Paul "Josh" Dallas (born December 18, 1981) is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as Prince Charming/David Nolan in the ABC television series Once Upon a Time and Fandral in the Marvel Comics film adaptation Thor.
Returning to the United States and based in Hollywood, he was cast in 2011 as Fandral in Thor after Irish actor Stuart Townsend withdrew from the role days before filming was to begin. As he was a virtual unknown actor when cast, there was some speculation that Dallas was selected because there simply was not enough time to find a bigger name replacement. To prepare for the role, Dallas viewed Errol Flynn as an inspiration (Stan Lee, in 1965, created the character based on Flynn), and watched many of his films. He commented, "I tried to bring out that little bit of Flynn-ness in it. Flynn had a lot of that boyish charm and Fandral's got all that in him."
In 2011, he began starring on the ABC series Once Upon a Time as Prince Charming. Dallas did not reprise his role in the sequel to Thor due to his commitments in Once Upon a Time. Zachary Levi replaced him in the film.
Dallas subsequently began dating his Once Upon a Time co-star Ginnifer Goodwin in fall 2011. Dallas and Goodwin became engaged in October 2013, and married on April 12, 2014 in California. They have one child, a son, born in May 2014.
|2009||Boxer, TheThe Boxer||Ben|
|2009||Descent Part 2, TheThe Descent Part 2||Greg|
|2009||Last Days of Lehman Brothers, TheThe Last Days of Lehman Brothers||Ace||Television film|
|2009||Ghost Machine||Bragg||Voice only|
|2012||Red Tails||Ryan Fling|
|2006||Ultimate Force||Weaver||Episode: "The Dividing Line"|
|2008||Doctor Who||Node 2||Episode: "Silence in the Library"|
|2010||Money||Spunk Davies||2 episodes|
|2010||Hawaii Five-0||Ben Bass||Episode: "Ko'olauloa"|
|2011||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Kip Woodman||Episode: "Targets of Obsession"|
|2011–present||Once Upon a Time||Prince Charming / David Nolan / Prince James||Main role|
- "Joshua Dallas". AllMovie / Rovi via The New York Times. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Vejvoda, Jim (January 10, 2011). "Thor Finds a New Fandral". IGN. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Wigler, Josh (January 11, 2011). "Stuart Townsend Leaves 'Thor,' Joshua Dallas Will Play Fandral". MTV. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Weiland, Jonah (December 10, 2010). "On The Set of "Thor": Stevenson & Dallas". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Wightman, Catriona (March 10, 2011). "Three more stars join 'Once Upon A Time'". Digital Spy. Retrieved July 24, 2011.
- "'Thor 2' Eyes 'Chuck' Star Zachary Levi (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. 2012-06-08. Retrieved 2012-07-19.
- Jones, Alice (April 20, 2013). "The naked truth about Lara Pulver". The Independent. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Johnson, Zach. "Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas make red carpet debut as a couple". usmagazine.com. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Jordan, Julie (October 11, 2013). "Ginnifer Goodwin Engaged to Josh Dallas". People. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Michaud, Sarah (April 13, 2014). "Ginnifer Goodwin Marries Josh Dallas". People. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- Jordan, Julie (May 30, 2014). "Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas Are Parents of Baby Boy". People. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Dallas.|