|Birth name||Joshua Rogers|
March 22, 1994 |
Greeleyville, South Carolina, U.S.
|Labels||Music World (2012 – present)|
Joshua Rogers (born March 22, 1994) is an American gospel singer who rose to prominence in 2012 when he became the first male and youngest winner of BET's Sunday Best during the show's fifth season.
Early life and education
Rogers auditioned for the fifth season of Sunday Best in Atlanta, and was immediately a favorite of fans and the celebrity judging panel of Yolanda Adams, Donnie McClurkin, and CeCe Winans. Sunday Best host Kirk Franklin gave Rogers the nickname "Young Buck". After weeks of consistent performances of songs such as Vanessa Bell Armstrong's "Peace Be Still", Deitrick Haddon's "Well Done", and Andrae Crouch's "We Expect You", Rogers landed in the finals of Sunday Best alongside another teen singer, Alexis Spight, with Rogers ultimately going on to win. He became the show's first (and as of 2014, the only) male and youngest champion. With his win, Rogers received a cash prize, a 2013 Ford Escape, and a recording contract with Music World Entertainment.
After Sunday Best
Rogers released his first album, Well Done, on December 4, 2012. The album featured songs performed by Rogers on Sunday Best. Well Done debuted at #1 on the Billboard Gospel Album Charts with 5,917 sales in its first week. Rogers released his second album, Unconditional, on October 29, 2013. This is his first album of original music and he co-wrote some of the songs. Unconditional debuted at #2 on the Billboard Gospel Album charts.
- Well Done (2012)
- Unconditional (2013)
|Sunday Best winner
- Airplay, 360 (September 2, 2012). "Joshua Rogers Makes History as First Man, Youngest to Win BET's Sunday Best". airplay360.blogspot.com. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- Vengerowsky, Konstantine. "Rogers featured on BET's Sunday Best". Clarendon Citizen. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "Just In: Joshua Rogers Crowned Sunday Best Winner". http://www.gospelpundit.com/tag/joshua-rogers/. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- "Joshua Rogers releases debut album *Well Done*". Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Arbet, DeVante. "Joshua Rogers ‘Well Done’ Debuts at #1 on Billboard Gospel Album Chart". The Gospel Guru. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- http://www.thejoshuarogers.com Official Website
- http://musicworldent.com/artists/Joshua Music World Entertainment profile
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joshua-Rogers_sbest/391093594281860 Facebook fan page