Joshua Schachter (//; born 1974) is the creator of Delicious, creator of GeoURL, and co-creator of Memepool. He has a B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.
Schachter released his first version of Delicious (then called del.icio.us) in September 2003. The service coined the term social bookmarking and featured tagging, a system he developed for organizing links suggested to Memepool and publishing some of them on his personal linkblog, Muxway. On March 29, 2005, Schachter announced he would work full-time on Delicious. On December 9, 2005, Yahoo! acquired Delicious for an undisclosed sum.According to Business 2.0, the acquisition was close to $30 million, with Schachter's share being worth approximately $15 million.
- Surowiecki, James. "2006 Young Innovator: Joshua Schachter, 32". Technology Review. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- Heilemann, John (2006-01-28). "Tag Sale". Fortune. Retrieved 2006-01-31.
- Rogers, Adam (2006-01-28). "Site Seer". Smithsonian magazine. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- O'Connell, Pamela Licalzi (2003-02-13). "Online Diary: Location, Location". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- Cubrilovic, Nik. "It Gets Worse: Joshua Schachter Leaving Yahoo". Techcrunch. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- Arrington, Michael. "Confirmed: Delicious Founder Joshua Schachter Joins Google". Techcrunch. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- Parr, Ben. "Delicious Creator Leaves Google". Mashable. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "2006 Young Innovators Under 35". Technology Review. 2006. Retrieved August 15, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joshua Schachter.|
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|