|Birth name||Lacey Nicole Mosley|
September 4, 1981 |
Arlington, Texas, U.S.
|Genres||Alternative metal, post-grunge, hard rock|
|Occupations||Musician, Songwriter, Singer, Guitarist|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, piano|
Early life and education
In 2000, Sturm began to play with drummer James Culpepper. The pair worked with guitarists Sameer Bhattacharya and Jared Hartmann. In 2002, Pat Seals, Flyleaf's current bassist, joined, forming a group named Passerby. Due to legal reasons, they renamed themselves Flyleaf in June 2004.
Sturm provided backing vocals on "Run to You" and "Born Again", two tracks on Christian rock band Third Day's 2008 album Revelation. Sturm received a pair of Grammy nominations at the 52nd Grammy Awards for her work with Third Day: "Born Again" was nominated for Best Gospel Song and Best Gospel Performance.
Sturm recorded a song, "Heavy Prey", for the Underworld: Awakening soundtrack.
Sturm revealed on her website in September 2013 that she signed a publishing deal with Baker Publishing Group for a new book to be released in 2014.
The Whosoevers is a movement set out to build and strengthen the youth to creatively inspire one another to stand together and make a difference. The non-profit organization was founded in 2009 as a collaboration between Sonny Sandoval, Ryan Ries and Brian "Head" Welch with the intent to positively impact today’s music, skateboarding and art culture. In doing so The Whosoevers now partners with a range of organizations from rehab centers and public school programs to human trafficking prevention and local charities. Ambassadors include Sturm, Annie Lobert and freestyle motocross athlete Ronnie Faisst.
Sturm has a role in the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association's worldwide video, The Cross, released in November 2013. Lecrae and Sturm share the video in honor of Dr. Graham's 95th birthday. She sings the final song: "Mercy Tree". An accompanying album, My Hope, on which Sturm has two songs, "The Reason" and "Mercy Tree" will be released.
She has also been featured as a solo performer in Franklin Graham's "Rock the Lakes", "Rock the Range", and "Rock the River" evangelistic tours throughout mid-August and late September 2011 where she gave her testimony and sang two songs: a self-written song entitled "The Reason", and an acoustic version of "Born Again" by Third Day. Sturm performed at most "Rock the Lakes" and "Rock the River" events again in 2012.
Shortly after giving birth to her second son in August 2013, Sturm embarked on a nationwide speaking tour with Nick Hall of PULSE, a Twin Cities-based nonprofit organization. The ResetMovement is described on their website as empowering a generation to live fully for Jesus.
Sturm was a guest vocalist on the track "Take the Bullets Away" by We As Human.
- "Youth of the Nation" – P.O.D. (Satellite)(Live MTV New Year's Eve 2007)
- "Alive" – P.O.D. (Satellite)(Live MTV New Year's Eve 2007)
- "Lights Out" – P.O.D. (Testify)(Live MTV New Year's Eve 2007)
- "Born Again" and "Run to You" – Third Day (Revelation)
- "Vendetta Black" – Resident Hero (The White EP, Look)
- "Time Is Nothing" – Resident Hero (Look)
- "The Nearness" – David Crowder Band (Church Music)
- "Broken Pieces" – Apocalyptica (7th Symphony)
- "Courage" – Orianthi
- "Heavy Prey" – Geno Lenardo (Underworld: Awakening (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack))
- "Take the Bullets Away" – We as Human (We as Human)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lacey Sturm.|
- FAQ at Flyleaf Online, Retrieved October 30, 2008
- "Revelation" album review, CCM Magazine.com, accessed July 2, 2009
- Donovan, Kevin. "Third Day Leads 'Gospel' Artists with 3 Grammy Nods". The Christian Post. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- TeamIGA. "Orianthi: News: "Courage" Featuring Lacey Sturm of Flyleaf". Interscope Records.com. Universal Music Group. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- "iTunes - Music - Underworld: Awakening (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Various Artists". Itunes.apple.com. January 17, 2012. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- "Baker Publishing Group". Baker Publishing Group. September 2013. Retrieved September 2013.
- "A Message". Flyleaf. October 22, 2012. Retrieved October 22, 2012.
- "Dove Award Nominees". GMA Dove Awards. October 2013. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- Smith, Debra (Spring 2011). "The Whosoevers - Bringing Youth to Christ". In Price, Tom. Calvary Chapel Magazine (Calvary Chapel Magazine) 47: 36–43.
- "BGEA: My Hope with Billy Graham". Billygraham.org. Retrieved November 2013. http://myhopewithbillygraham.org/programs/
- "BGEA: My Hope with Billy Graham". Billygraham.org. Retrieved November 18, 2013. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/my-hope-songs-inspired-by/id712049695
- "WATCH: Lacey Sturm Of Flyleaf's Hot Minute Interview | Hot Topic". Community.hottopic.com. April 28, 2011. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- Chismar, Janet. "BGEA: Rock the Lakes: Saturday Update". Billygraham.org. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- "ResetMovement". Reset Movement. Retrieved October 2013.