Joss McKinley (born 1981, Oxford, England) is an artist living and working in London.
In 2007 McKinley was in a group show entitled 'Between Today & Yesterday' at the Turnpike Gallery, Leigh, with contemporary photographers Idris Khan, Martin Parr, Hannah Starkey and Richard Billingham. He had his first solo show in London in early 2008 at the Exhibit Gallery in Clerkenwell, London. As one of the 30 short-listed artists for the 2008 Sovereign European Art Prize, his work was exhibited at Somerset House in October. A selection of his portraits has been acquired by the National Portrait Gallery, London, for their permanent collection.
McKinley also works on photographic commissions for various worldwide publications including The Saturday & Sunday Telegraph, The Sunday Independent, The Wire and Wallpaper.
- Gathering Wool, Amsterdam 2012
- A New Romance, London 2009
- Saatchi Online Presents: 15 Artists from Saatchi Online, London. 2008
- The Sovereign European Art Prize, Somerset House, London. 2008
- The Moonlight Rooms & Other Works, EXHIBIT Gallery, London. 2008
- Terry O'Neill Award, UK Tour. 2007
- Between Today & Yesterday, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh, England. 2007
- National Portrait Gallery, London
- University of the Arts Collection, London
Awards and prizes
- The Sovereign European Art Prize 2008 – Short-listed by: Jarvis Cocker, Tim Marlow, Sir Peter Blake and Alan Yentob.
- The Terry O'Neill Award 2007 – Short-listed
|This article about a British photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|