Josué with Porto in 2013
|Full name||Josué Filipe Soares Pesqueira|
|Date of birth||17 September 1990|
|Place of birth||Ermesinde, Portugal|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Bursaspor (loan from Porto)|
|2005–2006||→ Padroense (loan)|
|2007||→ Candal (loan)|
|2009||→ Covilhã (loan)||5||(1)|
|2010||→ Penafiel (loan)||14||(1)|
|2010–2011||→ VVV (loan)||13||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Bursaspor (loan)||12||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Early years / Paços
Born in Ermesinde, Porto District, Josué joined local and national giants F.C. Porto's youth system at the age of nine. He spent his first two seasons as a senior on loan, both in Portugal and abroad, representing successively S.C. Covilhã, F.C. Penafiel (both in the second division) and VVV-Venlo (Netherlands).
In the 2011 summer Josué was released by Porto with only two official appearances to his credit, both in the Portuguese League Cup, and signed with F.C. Paços de Ferreira. He made his top level debut on 17 September, playing the full 90 minutes in a 0–1 away loss against C.D. Nacional; in his second year he contributed with 23 league appearances – 18 starts – as the club finished a best-ever third and qualified to the UEFA Champions League, and was chosen as Best Young Player in the competition in the process.
Return to Porto
Josué agreed on a return to former side Porto on 29 May 2013, penning a four-year contract and moving alongside manager Paulo Fonseca. He scored his first goal for his new club on 19 August, starting and netting through a penalty kick in a 3–1 win at Vitória de Setúbal.
Josué gained 26 caps for Portugal all youth categories comprised, including 17 for the under-21 team. He made his debut with the full side on 11 October 2013, playing 21 minutes in a 1–1 home draw against Israel for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
In the second leg of the play-offs against Sweden on 19 November, Josué (who was not used in the game) extended his middle finger towards the opposing fans, while celebrating his country's qualification to the World Cup after the final whistle.
- Primeira Liga: Breakthrough Player of the Year 2012–13
- SJPF Young Player of the Month: February 2013
- "Josué e Steven por empréstimo" [Josué and Steven on loan] (in Portuguese). Record. 28 June 2009. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "VVV huurt spelers van FC Porto" [FC Porto loans players to VVV] (in Dutch). Fox Sports. 25 June 2010. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Vítor Pereira melhor treinador da I Liga, Nemanja Matic melhor jogador" [Vítor Pereira best I Liga manager, Nemanja Matic best player] (in Portuguese). Futebol 365. 4 July 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Josué e Licá assinaram até 2017" [Josué and Licá signed until 2017] (in Portuguese). Porto's official website. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Porto move for Josué and Licá". UEFA.com. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "V. Setúbal 1–3 FC Porto: campeão entra a meio gás" [V. Setúbal 1–3 FC Porto: champion begins at half-strength] (in Portuguese). Relvado. 18 August 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Portugal pegged back by late Israel strike". UEFA.com. 12 October 2013. Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- "Här ger portugisen svenska folket fingret" [Here the Portuguese shows the finger to the Swedish crowd] (in Swedish). Aftonbladet. 20 November 2013. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- Stats and profile at Zerozero
- Stats at ForaDeJogo
- Josué at National-Football-Teams.com
- Josué – FIFA competition record
- Soccerway profile