Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
|Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry'|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||J. Agric. Food Chem.|
|Discipline||Applied chemistry, food science|
|Edited by||James N. Seiber|
|Publisher||American Chemical Society (United States)|
The Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry is a peer-reviewed scientific journal established in 1953 by the American Chemical Society. Since 1999, James N. Seiber (University of California, Davis) has been the editor-in-chief.
The journal covers research dealing with the chemistry and biochemistry of agriculture and food including work with chemistry and/or biochemistry as a major component combined with biological/sensory/nutritional/toxicological evaluation related to agriculture and/or food. Papers are grouped into nine categories: Agricultural and Environmental Chemistry, Analysis and Chemosensory Perception of Flavor, Analytical Methods, Bioactive Constituents and Functions, Biofuels and Biobased Products, Chemical Aspects of Biotechnology/Molecular Biology, Food and Beverage Chemistry/Biochemistry, Food Safety and Toxicology, and Targeted Metabolomics Applied to Agriculture and Food. The journal also publishes editorials, reviews, perspectives, correspondence, and special symposium issues.
Abstracting and indexing
The Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry is abstracted and indexed in Chemical Abstracts Service, Scopus, ProQuest, PubMed, CABI, and the Science Citation Index Expanded. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry has a 2012 impact factor of 2.906, ranking it first out of 57 journals in the category "Agriculture, Multidisciplinary", 12th out of 71 journals in the category "Applied Chemistry", and 15th out of 124 journals in the category "Food Science and Technology".
- List of Issues back to 1953
- Editor profile
- JAFC Editors and Editorial Board
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Agriculture, Multidisciplinary". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Chemistry, Applied". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Food Science & Technology". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.