Journal of Immunology
|The Journal of Immunology|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Pamela J. Fink|
|1998-Delayed 12 months|
The Journal of Immunology is a twice monthly peer-reviewed academic journal that publishes basic and clinical studies in all aspects of immunology. Established in 1916 it is the official journal of the American Association of Immunologists (AAI) which publishes the journal. The editor-in-chief is Pamela J. Fink. Content from 1998 to the present is delayed open access with a 12 month embargo.
Indexing and abstracting
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Science Citation Index
- Current Contents/Life Sciences]]
- BIOSIS Previews
- Chemical Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Global Health
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
- International Bibliography of Periodical Literature
- Academic Search
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- Academic OneFile
- Referativnyi Zhurnal
The Journal of Immunology was established by Arthur Fernandez Coca in 1916 as the official journal of the American Association of Immunologists and the New York Society for Serology and Hematology. Coca was sole editor from 1916 to 1925 when John C. Torrey joined the journal. From 1916 to 1925 the journal was published every 2 months, from 1926 to 1985 (except in 1928) it was published monthly. The journal has been published twice a month since 1986.
- "Journal of Immunology (Baltimore, MD: 1950)". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Journal of Immunology". Ulrichsweb. ProQuest. Retrieved 2014-12-20. (subscription required (. ))
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Immunology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "In Memoriam: Arthur F. Coca, Founder of the Journal of Immunology". Journal of Immunology 85 (4): 331.
- "The founding of The Journal of Immunology". aai.org. American Association of Immunologists. Retrieved 2014-12-01.
- Emrich, John; Peery, Bryan (January–February 2014). "What's old is new again: Early editors of The JI act to address perennial challenges in the peer-review and editing process". AAI Newsletter (American Association of Immunologists (AAI)). Retrieved 2014-12-01.
- "The first article in The Journal of Immunology "Studies in anaphylaxis"". AAI Newsletter (American Association of Immunologists (AAI)). December 2011.
|This article about a medical journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.