Journal of Lipid Research
|Journal of Lipid Research|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||J. Lipid Res.|
|Edited by||Edward A. Dennis, Joseph L. Witztum|
|Publisher||American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (United States)|
|Open access||Delayed, after 12 months/Hybrid|
The Journal of Lipid Research is a monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal that was established in 1959. Since 2000, it has been published by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. It covers research on lipids in health and disease, including lipid function and the biochemical and genetic regulation of lipid metabolism. The journal also covers patient-oriented and epidemiological research.
The journal is published in print and online. Its editors-in-chief are Edward A. Dennis and Joseph L. Witztum. All articles are available free 1 year after publication, but some articles are immediately published open access if the authors choose to pay for the Author's Choice option. In press articles are available free online immediately after acceptance.
The journal was established in response to the lack of published methodologies in lipid research as perceived by Edward H. Ahrens, Jr., Donald Zilversmit, and others, who founded Lipid Research Inc. to publish the journal.
Prior to its current home at the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, the journal was based at Rockefeller University, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology.
- Edward A. Dennis (2009). "Founding, early history, and transformation of the Journal for Lipid Research to an American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology journal". Journal of Lipid Research 50 (Suppl.): S3–S8. doi:10.1194/jlr.R800093-JLR200. PMC 2674755. PMID 19116414.
- About The Journal of Lipid Research
- Edward A. Dennis, Joseph L. Witztum (2009). "Fifty years of research on lipids". Journal of Lipid Research 50 (Suppl.): S1. doi:10.1194/jlr.SUPPEDITORIAL-50/4-JLR. PMC 2674715. PMID 19346336.
- Nancy Rodnan (2008). "Two important changes and a reminder for authors of ASBMB publications: JBC, MCP, and JLR". Journal of Lipid Research 49 (6): 1149. doi:10.1194/jlr.E800004-JLR200. PMID 18390557.
- Howard A. Edmer (1984). "History of the Journal of Lipid Research". Journal of Lipid Research 25 (13): 1425–9. PMID 6397549.
- R.J. Havel, T.M. Forte (2000). "2000: Changes in management and publication". Journal of Lipid Research 41 (8): 1185–1186. PMID 10946003.