Journal of Materials Chemistry
|Journal of Materials Chemistry|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Mater. Chem.|
|Edited by||Liz Dunn|
|1991 to 2012|
Journal of Materials Chemistry is a peer-reviewed scientific journal publishing original (primary) research and review articles on the applications, properties and synthesis of exciting new materials. Journal of Materials Chemistry is published weekly by the Royal Society of Chemistry. Since the end of 2012 the journal was not accepting new articles and its activity was split into three independent journals: Journal of Materials Chemistry A, Journal of Materials Chemistry B and Journal of Materials Chemistry C.
The editor of Journal of Materials Chemistry is Liz Dunn.
- Journal of Materials Chemistry publishes articles on the following topics
- Inorganic: ceramics; layered materials; microporous solids and zeolites; silicates and synthetic minerals; biogenic minerals; nanomaterials; bio-related materials; organometallic precursors for thin films/ceramics
- Organic: novel molecular solids and synthetic polymers with materials applications; polymer composites; biopolymers; biocompatible and biodegradable polymers; liquid crystals (both lyotropic and thermotropic); Langmuir-Blodgett films and self-assembled monolayers (SAMs), nanomaterials, biomaterials
- Electrical properties of materials: semi-, metallic and super-conductivity; ionic conductivity; mixed ionic/electronic conductivity; ferro-, pyro- and piezo-electricity; electroceramics; dielectrics
- Optical properties of materials: luminescence, phosphorescence, laser action; non-linear optical effects; photoconductivity; photo- and electro-chromism, resists, glasses, amorphous semiconductors; optical modulation and switching
- Magnetic properties of materials: ferro-, ferri- and antiferro-magnetism, spin glass behaviour, organic magnetism, magnetic bubbles and information storag
- Chemical properties of materials: ion exchange, molecular separation, catalytic action, sensor action, topochemical control of reactions
- Structural properties: structural ceramics, refractories, hard materials, protective coatings, composites, adhesives, prosthetic applications
- Thermodynamic properties and phase behaviour
Journal of Materials Chemistry publishes the following types of articles: Full Papers (original scientific work); Communications (original scientific work that is of an urgent nature); Feature articles (reviews highlighting areas of special excitement and progress); Highlights (short review articles) ; and Applications (review articles covering the applications and properties of a class of materials). Feature articles, Highlights and Applications are written by special invitation of the Editor or Editorial Board only.
Readership of Journal of Materials Chemistry is interdisciplinary and includes materials scientists, chemists, physicists, ceramicists, engineers, and metallurgists
- Editorial (2013). "Journal of Materials Chemistry A, B & C – a new beginning". Journal of Materilas Chemistry B 1 (1): 8. doi:10.1039/c2tb90001g.
- Journal of Materials Chemistry
- Journal of Materials Chemistry A
- Journal of Materials Chemistry B
- Journal of Materials Chemistry C