Journal of Materials Science
|Journal of Materials Science|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Mater. Sci.|
|Edited by||C. Barry Carter|
Journal of Materials Science is a peer-reviewed, scientific journal dedicated to materials science founded in 1966 by Robert W. Cahn and published by Springer. The journal publishes 24 issues per year. The journal incorporated Journal of Materials Science Letters in 2003 and Interface Science in 2004.
It features review articles and papers covering original research on the study and the techniques used to study the structure and properties of materials. It specifically focuses on metals, ceramics, glasses, polymers, electrical materials, composite materials, fibers, nanostructures, nanocomposites, and biological materials.
The journal's 2013 impact factor was 2.305, ranking 58th of 251 in the category "Materials Science, Multidisciplinary". Thomson Reuters also credited the journal with 34,545 citations in the Journal Citation Reports released in July 2014, ranking 16th in the same category.
In 2012, the journal announced an annual Cahn Prize for best paper published in the journal, in honor of its founding editor.
Journal of Materials Science has two sister journals: Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, and Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics.
Abstracting and indexing
- Academic OneFile
- Academic Search
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Current Abstracts
- Current Contents Collections/Electronics & Telecommunications Collection
- Computing and Technology
- Chemical and Earth Sciences
- Glassfile Database
- Google Scholar
- HW Wilson
- INIS Atomindex
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Materials Science Citation Index
- Polymer Library
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Science Select
- Summon by Serial Solutions
- TOC Premier
- Category:Materials science journals
- Journal of Materials Science Letters
- Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics
- Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine