Journal of Occupational Health Psychology
|Journal of Occupational Health Psychology|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Occup. Health Psychol.|
|Discipline||Occupational health psychology|
|Edited by||Joseph J. Hurrell, Jr.|
American Psychological Association (United States)
The Journal of Occupational Health Psychology is a peer-reviewed academic journal published quarterly by the American Psychological Association. It "publishes research, theory, and public policy articles in occupational health psychology, an interdisciplinary field representing a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and specializations. Occupational health psychology concerns the application of psychology to improving the quality of work life and to protecting and promoting the safety, health, and well-being of workers."
The idea for the journal emerged in discussions that took place in the 1990s among Steven Sauter and his colleagues at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Gary VandenBos (American Psychological Association), and James Campbell Quick (University of Texas at Arlington). With Quick named as editor-in-chief, the journal was first published in 1996. It "focuses on the work environment, the individual, and the work-family interface." It is published by the American Psychological Association.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts, Current Contents, EMBASE/Exerpta Medica, PsycINFO, Index Medicus/MEDLINE/Pubmed, and the Social Sciences Citation Index. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2012 impact factor of 2.786, ranking it 8th out of 72 journals in the category "Psychology, Applied" and 13th out of 136 journals in the category "Public, Environmental & Occupational Health".
- Industrial and organizational psychology
- Occupational stress
- Work & Stress
- Health psychology
- Occupational medicine
- "Journal of Occupational Health Psychology". American Psychological Association. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- Quick, J.C. "The founding of the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology" (PDF). Newsletter of the Society for Occupational Health Psychology. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "Journal of Occupational Health Psychology". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Psychology, Applied". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Public, Environmental & Occupational Health". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.