|Headquarters||New York City|
|Number of locations||New York City and Miami|
|Key people||Claire Chambers|
|Products||Bras, panties, hosiery, and lingerie|
Journelle is a designer lingerie store based in New York, with an out-of-state following through their online store. Journelle comes from the French word “journellement,” meaning “daily” and emphasizes the idea that beautiful lingerie should be worn everyday. Both the physical stores and the online store present a highly curated collection of lingerie rather than an exhaustive selection.
Claire Chambers, Founder and CEO, was working as a management consultant when she saw the need for an elevated lingerie shopping experience. She realized that she was not alone in this belief and started working on a business model for what would eventually become Journelle.
The company’s website, Journelle.com launched in 2010 and re-launched in October 2013. The most updated version of the site is highly visual and interactive.
Chambers plans to use the continual growth to expand the company’s reach, by opening more stores and further developing the private label. In 2014, Chambers tapped the talent of lingerie designer Raina-Eid, formally of Victoria's Secret, to spearhead the forthcoming private label.
Journelle’s flagship store, located at 3 East 17th Street, opened its doors in December, 2007. The shop is located in the crossroads of the Union Square and Flatiron districts and is considered to carry the largest in-store selection. The company's e-commerce warehouse sits below the store and is available for brick and mortar customers.
In 2010, Journelle expanded outside of New York and opened a shop in Miami Beach on Lincoln Road; Miami’s prominent outside mall and shopping destination. In addition to lingerie, this location also carried swimwear. The shop closed in 2011.
In November, 2010, Journelle opened its third store in NYC’s Soho. Located at 125 Mercer Street, between Prince and Spring Streets, the store is situated amongst a very high-traffic New York shopping district.
Upper East Side
Journelle opened its third New York store in at 1266 Third Avenue in December, 2011.
In November 2013, Journelle opened a private showroom in their corporate office in Chelsea. The Atelier is designed to cater to customers who want a more private shopping experience. Available for private appointments as well as small parties, the company is able to tailor the stock and experience to what the specific shopper.
Journelle carries lingerie ranging from the everyday to the special occasion. It is known to have “pretty, lacy, delicate lingerie.”  The store also stocks loungewear, hosiery, shapewear and accessories. Some of the brands and designers they carry include Chantelle, Hanky Panky, Cosabella, Bordelle, Eberjey, Fleur of England, Wolford, Elle Macpherson Intimates, Stella McCartney and La Perla.
In February 2013, the company bottled their signature scent (the Linden flower) and created their own lingerie wash. Prior to the 2013 holiday season, they debuted luxury sleepwear under their company name.
The Grey Lady
During the summer of 2013, Journelle launched a mobile pop-up shop road trip. The company retrofitted a 1970 Land Yacht Airstream to resemble the stores’ aesthetic and atmosphere; complete with a tucked away dressing room, a lounging banquette and custom shelving. The airstream, named The Grey Lady, kicked off the summer in Sag Harbor, then traveled to Boston, Chicago, and Washington DC. During New York Fashion Week, The Grey Lady popped up at the Standard Hotel’s High Line location.
The road trip served as a way for Journelle to meet already loyal customers and introduce them to the personal in-store experience, as well as a way to test top ecommerce markets for potential store expansion.
Free The Girls
In 2012, Journelle began an annual partnership with not-for-profit Free The Girls for a Spring Cleaning bra drive. Journelle collects gently used bras to send to the organization, which supports women who have been rescued from trafficking. Journelle runs the drive in each of their stores, as well as online, offering discounts to participants who donate gently used bras. They also donate $1 for each bra donated.
Free The Girls sends the bras to safe houses in Mozambique who help former victims of trafficking to sell the bras to other women in the community. By earning their own wages and building their own business model, these women are able to support themselves and their families.
- Monget, Karyn (12 December 2011). "Journelle Expands Franchise". Women's Wear Daily(WWD). Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Our Story". Journelle. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Casserly, Meghan (14 October 2011). "Journelle CEO Claire Chambers To Aspiring Entrepreneurs Never Stop Networking". Forbes. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Meet the New Journelle.com". Journellement. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Pasquarelli, Adrianne (21 April 2013). "Specialty retailers are winning the underwars". Crain's New York Business. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Monget, Karyn (27 March 2013). "Journelle Plots U.S. Expansion". Women's Wear Daily(WWD). Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "The Launch! Part 1". Journellement. 11 February 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Lincoln Road Mall". Lincoln Road Mall. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Monget, Karyn (12 December 2011). Women's Wear Daily(WWD) http://www.wwd.com/markets-news/intimates-activewear/journelle-opens-fourth-boutique-5422666
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "The Atelier". Journelle. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "7 Lingerie Stores That Aren't Victoria's Secret". The Huffington Post. 12 November 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Journelle". Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Journelle Designers". Journelle. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "We've Bottled Journelle". Journellement. 4 February 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Made By Journelle". Journelle. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Shop Spotlight: Journelle Airstream". Rue Daily. 25 November 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Journelle Road Trip". Journelle. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Monget, Karyn (4 September 2013). "Journelle Hits the Road in Vintage Airstream Trailer". Women's Wear Daily(WWD). Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "We Want You...to Free the Girls". Journellement. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Our Story". Free The Girls. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Journelle Spring Cleaning Bra Drive". Free The Girls. Retrieved 3 March 2014.