Journey of self-discovery
The term "journey of self-discovery" refers to a travel, pilgrimage, or series of events whereby a person attempts to determine how they feel, personally, about spiritual issues  or priorities, rather than following the opinions of family, friends, neighborhood or peer pressure. The topic of self-discovery has been associated with Zen. A related term is "finding oneself".
Art and Literature
In drama, a journey of self-discovery is sometimes used to drive the plot of a play or film. Some films use similar phrases, such as in the 2008 film Petals: Journey Into Self Discovery. The 2010 film Eat Pray Love is also associated with the idea of a journey of self-discovery.
- Pilgrimage - a travel, often for religious enlightenment
- Coming of age - reaching maturity, from childhood to adulthood
- "Pilgrimage takes anthropologist on journey of self-discovery", Princeton.edu, February 7, 2006, webpage: PE.
- "Yeshiva University News - A Journey of Self-Discovery: Stern", Yeshiva University, February 12, 2010, webpage: YU.
- "Film-inspired holidays: The Journey of self-discovery | Travel", The Guardian, 9 October 2010, web: Gfilm.
- "Journey of self-discovery - Times Of India", Times of India, 18 April 2011, webpage: TOI-18.
- "`Elegy' journey of self-discovery - Chicago Tribune", Chicago Tribune, 5 February 2002, web: CT2.
- "Surfer and Zen Master Discusses Journey of Self Discovery", KPBS.org, August 11, 2009, webpage: KPBS-11.
- "The Pride" a 50-year journey of self-discovery" The Denver Post, May 12, 2011, webpage: DP.
- "Petals: Journey Into Self Discovery (2008) - IMDb", IMDb.com, 2008, webpage: IMDb-1850.