Ju Xiaowen, DKNY, 2011
|Born||May 19, 1992 age (21)
Xi'an, Shaanxi province, China
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Measurements||33-24-34.5 (US), 84-61-87 (EU)|
|Dress size||2-4 (US), 32-34 (EU)|
Ju Xiaowen (simplified Chinese: 雎晓雯; traditional Chinese: 雎曉雯; pinyin: Jū Xiǎowén; born May 19, 1992) is a Chinese fashion model. She was the first model of Chinese descent to be the face of Marc Jacobs.
After gaining attention with her appearance on the cover of Harper's Bazaar China May 2010, which focused on Chinese models, Xiaowen debuted in New York City at the Fall Honor show. In 2011 she walked for Shiatzy Chen, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Calvin Klein Jeans, DKNY, Emanuel Ungaro, Hermès, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Rochas and Thierry Mugler among others. In addition she was picked to be on Lane Crawford's F/W 11 campaign, along with other top Chinese models like Ming Xi and Shu Pei.
In 2012 she has walked for 3.1 Phillip Lim, DKNY, DSquared², Hermès, Jill Stuart, Jonathan Saunders, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Moschino Cheap & Chic and Tory Burch. She has done ad campaigns for Adidas, Dior, Kenzo, Lane Crawford and Marc Jacobs (becoming the first Chinese to front the designer's campaign). She has also appeared on the cover of Vogue China and Numero China (twice).
As of July 2012 she was ranked number 22 on models.com's Top 50 female models list.
She enjoys watching films, her favorite being Breakfast at Tiffany's. Her favorite British designer is Jonathan Saunders. Xiaowen is known for her smile and for sticking her tongue out. At Tibi's F/W 12 show she mistakenly walked down the runway in the wrong direction. Clearly upset, she managed nonetheless to keep a smile and continue walking.
- "Unknown Asian Model Lands Marc Jacobs Spring Campaign". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Xiao Wen Ju". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Harper's Bazaar China May 2010 Cover (also Xiao Wen Ju, Yan Lu)". models.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Xiao Wen Ju". models.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Top 50 Models / Women". models.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Xiao-Wen Ju (IMG) Vogue Italia Interview". YouTube.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Street Style: Model Xiaowen Doesn’t Think Terry Richardson is Creepy". Fashionista. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Ju Xiao Wen interview at London Show Rooms Hong Kong with HKHQ.tv." YouTube.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Runway Model Candy Fashion Weeks A/W 2012-13". Style Cartel. Retrieved 2012-08-20.