Juan Ángel Albín
|Full name||Juan Ángel Albín Leites|
|Date of birth||17 July 1986|
|Place of birth||Salto, Uruguay|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|Current club||Petrolul Ploiești|
|2013||→ Nacional (loan)||8||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 December 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Salto, Salto Department, Albín started his career at Club Nacional de Football in Montevideo, where he won three national titles. His strong performances won him a transfer to Getafe CF during the 2006 summer transfer window.
In his first season Albín appeared sparingly (13 La Liga games), but blossomed as first-choice in 2007–08 as the Madrid outskirts team reached the quarterfinals in the UEFA Cup, and a mid-table league position. After a coaching change brought Míchel to the club's bench, however, he began appearing less regularly; on 29 November 2008, however, in a rare start, he scored in a 3–1 home win over Real Madrid.
Albín continued being used intermittently in the 2010–11 season. On 11 December 2010 he netted a last-minute winner at home against Villarreal CF, but was also sent off for lifting his shirt in a second bookable offense. In mid-April 2011, Getafe agreed to sell the player to fellow top-divisioner RCD Espanyol for €3 million, as his contract was set to expire in June 2012.
Albín spent several months of his first season with the Catalans on the sidelines, nursing a leg injury. On 4 February 2012 he scored his first goal for the club, netting in the 92nd minute for a 3–3 away draw against Athletic Bilbao.
On 6 September 2013 Albín signed a contract with FC Petrolul Ploiești, rejoining former Getafe teammate Cosmin Contra who was now a manager. He made his debut in Liga I on the 21st, scoring his team's goal in a 1–1 draw at FC Dinamo București.
|2004 Apertura||Nacional||Uruguayan Primera División|
|2005 Championship||Nacional||Uruguayan Primera División|
|2006 Clausura||Nacional||Uruguayan Primera División|
|2005–06 Championship||Nacional||Uruguayan Primera División|
- Albín fires Getafe into last eight
- "Miserable return for Schuster". ESPN Soccernet. 29 November 2008. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- Albin leaves it late; ESPN Soccernet, 11 December 2010
- El Getafe traspasa a Albín al Espanyol por 3 millones de euros (Getafe sells Albín to Espanyol for 3 million euros); Marca, 11 April 2011 (Spanish)
- "Albín, operado y tres meses KO" [Albín, surgery and three months out]. El Mundo Deportivo. 13 September 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Juan Angel Albin a semnat cu FC Petrolul Ploieşti" [Juan Angel Albin has signed with FC Petrolul Ploieşti] (in Romanian). Petrolul Ploieşti. 6 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.