|Full name||Juan Jesús Calatayud Sánchez|
|Date of birth||21 December 1979|
|Place of birth||Antequera, Spain|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2002||→ Algeciras (loan)||0||(0)|
|2005–2006||→ Getafe (loan)||13||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
After graduating from Málaga CF's youth system, and spending a few weeks in the 2002 summer on loan to lowly Algeciras CF, Calatayud returned to the Andalusians' first team and went on to appear in 36 La Liga games in two separate seasons combined, his debut in the competition coming on 29 October 2003 in a 1–2 away loss against Athletic Bilbao. Subsequently he represented, still in the top flight, Getafe CF (also loaned) and Racing de Santander, mostly as a backup or third-choice; in the 2007–08 campaign, whilst with the Cantabrians, he was not given a jersey and was forced to train separately from his teammates.
Calatayud continued as Hércules' first-choice in 2009–10, keeping the most clean sheets in the whole league for the first half of the season. Eventually, even though he was not awarded the Ricardo Zamora Trophy, his team finished with the best defensive record in the league and returned to the top division after a 13-year absence.
Calatayud was again an undisputed starter in the 2010–11 season, but the Valencian were immediately relegated back. In July the 31-year-old returned to the top division, signing with RCD Mallorca for two years and backing up Dudu Aouate during his spell (13 appearances all competitions comprised).
- El Athletic recupera su casta (Athletic rediscovers hunger); El Mundo Deportivo, 30 October 2003 (Spanish)
- "Pernía presenta a Balboa y Calatayud y anuncia "cava" para la delantera" [Pernía presents Balboa and Calatayud and announces "cava" for offense] (in Spanish). Marca. 21 August 2006. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Y Calatayud, ¿qué?" [What of Calatayud?] (in Spanish). El Diario Montañés. 15 January 2008. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Calatayud: ´Respeto al Racing, pero nada a sus dirigentes´" [Calatayud: ´I respect Racing, but not one bit its directors´] (in Spanish). Diario Información. 16 December 2010. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- Calatayud, nuevo portero del Hércules (Calatayud, new Hércules goalkeeper); Marca, 3 July 2008 (Spanish)
- "La lesión de Bravo, deja el Zamora en manos de Calatayud" [Bravo injury, leaves Zamora in hands of Calatayud] (in Spanish). Las Provincias. 31 March 2010. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- El Mallorca ficha al portero del Hércules Calatayud (Mallorca signs Hércules goalkeeper Calatayud); Diario AS, 5 July 2011 (Spanish)