Juan Fernando Cobo
|Juan Fernando Cobo Agudelo|
|Born||Juan Fernando Cobo Agudelo
August 27, 1959
Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia
|Education||Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando|
|Known for||Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Printmaking|
Juan Fernando Cobo Agudelo (born August 27, 1959, in Cali, Colombia) is a Colombian painter, illustrator, sculptor and cultural promoter, one of the most notable artists of his native region, Valle del Cauca.
Cobo has lived and worked in places ranging from his native Cali and nearby Bogotá to Quito, Chicago, New York, Tucson and Madrid, something which has given him a broad vision of art. His work has been featured in both group and individual exhibitions since 1977, in Colombia and around the world.
In recent years, he has also edited and directed the online Latin American cultural magazine, Gente con Talento. In 2005, he called upon a number of writers and poets from Latin America and Spain to produce a literary anthology about the topic of violence and how it affects women, a particularly significant issue in recent Latin American history. The result was a book titled MUJER, Soledad y Violencia (Literally "Woman, Solitude and Violence"), which he subsequently illustrated.
The artist currently lives and works in the outskirts of Cali, where he devotes his time both to the exploration of painting and artistic materials and techniques. The artist's online magazine has been discontinued as of 2007.
- http://juanfernandocobo.com - The artist's personal website (in Spanish).
- http://www.gentecontalento.net - The artist's former cultural magazine (in Spanish), now unavailable.
- http://www.primeraplana.co - The artist's actual cultural magazine (in Spanish).
- Cobo A., Juan Fernando, (Ed.). MUJER, Soledad y Violencia. 1st ed. Santiago de Cali: Gente con Talento Ltda., 2005. ISBN 958-33-7493-8.
- ArteLista.com, Online Gallery. Entry at http://cobo.artelista.com/ (In Spanish)
- World Artist Directory http://accessarts.net/cgi-bin/webdata/webdata_artz.pl?pagenum=81&cgifunction=Search&all_search=painting+watercolor+oil+acrylic&allany=+or+
- Art History Archive http://www.arthistoryarchive.com/arthistory/glossary/Painters-by-Nationality.html
|This article about a Colombian painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Colombian sculptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|