Juan Pablo Raba
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
|Juan Pablo Raba|
Juan Pablo Raba
|Born||Juan Pablo Raba
January 14, 1977
He was born in Bogotá, Colombia, but upon his parents' divorce, he was raised in Spain by his Argentinian father. There, he took his Baccalaureate & started studying Advertisement but soon decided this was not what he wanted in life. He left his studies uncompleted & went to live to Argentina.
In Argentina, he had many different jobs, but nothing satisfied him until he read the book "The Alchemist" which helped him realize that the only alternative he had, was simply to follow his heart.
Later, he returned to Colombia and worked as a model. Always energetic and wishing for something better, he brought his curriculum in the Colombian TV channel Caracol, in an effort to work there as an animator. However, they saw interest in him as an actor and suggested that he take acting lessons. Juan Pablo had never thought of being an actor & initially rejected the idea. Juan Pablo Began acting studies in Bogota with Edgardo Roman and then continued formation in New York at the Lee Strasberg Institute.
Not long after, while accompanying a friend in an acting course, as her boyfriend, the well known Colombian professor Edgardo Roman spotted Juan Pablo in his class and took an interest in his acting ability. Encouraged by the great professor's good opinion & upon thinking it a lot, he decided to go for an audition. It was in this first audition, that he understood that acting was what he wanted to do in his life. He was now ready to leave behind all his previous uncertainties in life, his doubts and his worries and pursue with strength & persistence his acting career. From this point, the only way in Juan Pablo's life was a monodrome. He had a unique mix of acting talent good looks, luck and fate, all worked in his favor. By then he was 21 years old, it was 1998.
Two months after his first audition, Caracol channel asked him to co-star in the teleseries titled : AMOR EN FORMA, while a few months later, he was asked to star in the famous Colombian telenovela, titled: POR QUE DIABLOS? but missed this great opportunity for reasons that made him quite unhappy this period. In 1999, he played a small part in the tvseries MARIDO Y MUJER.
Immediately after, he took the leading part in the tvseries, LA REINA DE QUEENS. Parallel to this, Juan Pablo tried his powers in the theatrical play THE CRONICLE OF A DEATH FORETOLD written by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Both projects were very demanded his devotion, much time & many sacrifices which he readily did. By then he was 23 years old.
Other Latino countries show interest in him & very soon he received an offer from the Venezuelan channel RCTV, to co-star next to Catherine Correira in the telenovela VIVA LA PEPA (2001). He accepted & this was the best & the wisest decision he could take, because his participation in this telenovela brought him another offer to play in La Niña De Mis Ojos next to the fascinating actress Natalia Streignard. They made a wonderful couple together. Together, they played in the telenovela that was meant to be the turning point for the career of both & the launching of Juan Pablo's international career. In Mi Gorda Bella, Juan Pablo plays the handsome & irresistible Orestes Villanueva Mercuri who falls in love with the fat & good hearted Valentina. By then he was 25 years old. It was 2002.
His successful course continued in 2004, when he filmed for RCTV the TV series ESTRAMBOTICA ANASTASIA. The leading lady part was played by the beautiful Venezuelan actress Norkys Batista.
In 2005, he returned to Colombia and filmed for the channel Caracol, the TVseries POR AMOR A GLORIA, next to Carolina Acevedo. His plans for 2006 included his participation in the movie : UNA ABUELA VIRGEN & the main part in the TV Film SOLTERA Y SIN COMPROMISO.
In 2006, he and journalist wife Paula announced their separation, which subsequently resulted in their divorce in 2007. In 2007, he dated Venezuelan soap star Marjorie de Sousa, a relationship which lasted over a year.
- 2014: Terminales (tercera temporada)...Daniel Diaz de Leon (main protagonist)
- 2012: Los secretos de Lucía...(main protagonist)
- 2012: Pobres Rico...Gonzalo Rico
- 2011: La Reina del Sur...Jaime Gutiérrez Solana
- 2011: Flor Salvaje...Emilio Monteverde
- 2010: Los Caballeros Las Prefieren Brutas...Alejandro Botero
- 2010: El Clon...Said Hashim (co-protagonist)
- 2008: Sin Retorno...Diego
- 2008: El Cartel de los sapos
- 2007: Sobregiro de amor...Martín Monsalve
- 2005: Por amor a Gloria...Esteban Marin
- 2004: Estrambotica Anastasia...Aureliano Paz (main protagonist) with Norkys Batista
- 2002: Mi gorda bella...Orestes (Main Protagonist)
- 2001: La Niña de mis ojos...Alejandro Rondón
- 2001: Viva la Pepa...Luis Ángel Perdomo
- 2000: La Reina de Queens...Andres Velásquez
- 1999: Marido y mujer...Isidrio
- 1998: Amor en forma...Eduardo
- 2015: The 33...Darío Segovia
- 2012: El cielo en tu Mirada...Mario Domínguez
- 2011: El Cartel de los Sapos...Pirulo
- 2009: Mental (TV)...Ray Hernandez
- 2008: Tiempo final (TV)...Franco
- 2007: Puras joyitas...Bigote
- 2007: Ni tan largos... ni tan cortos...Carlos
- 2007: Una Abuela virgen..Carlos
- 2006: Soltera y sin compromiso (TV)...Jaime Villalba
- 2006: Anillo de compromiso...Fede
- "Juan Pablo Raba se casa el próximo sábado". El Observador (in Spanish). November 29, 2003. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- "Los hombres no las prefieren brutas, dice Juan Pablo Raba". El Universal (Caracas) (in Spanish). June 4, 2010. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- "Los caballeros las prefieren brutas es una serie valiente, asegura Juan Pablo Raba". El Universal (Mexico City) (in Spanish). February 16, 2010. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- "Juan Pablo Raba: tu nueva adicción". People en Español (in Spanish). February 12, 2009. Retrieved July 16, 2010.