Juan Paolo Aquino
A graduate of the London Film School, Aquino lived in London during his college years and worked in a number of international film productions before going back to Manila. Some of his films were exhibited in a number of major film festivals throughout Europe.
In early 2000, Aquino was assigned to direct travel documentaries for a Filipino International Channel. He then started producing for mainstream TV in 2001, one of which was for Digital Tour—now considered the longest running magazine show on technology in the Philippines. He also directed a diversity of local magazine shows for TV - Kiss The Cook with Ryan Agoncillo, The Good Life with Cory Quirino, Chef's On The Go with Mark Gil and Hanap Buhay Overseas with Angelique Lazo.
In 2006, he started his own personal project and tried his knack for photography. He spent more than five months travelling around Southeast Asia and mainland China to document the wealth of cultures from the different countries in the region. Emotional Core was the name of the project, and is now presently exhibited in Uncut Creative's Web Gallery. Some of his works have also been selected to be a part of the Dazed And Confused European Exhibit Project.
He is currently directing the daily showbiz talk show Juicy! which airs on TV5.
- Aquino, Paolo. "London Film School Alumni Search". Retrieved 2002-11-02.[dead link]
- Aquino, Paolo. "British Film Institute Page". Retrieved 2002-11-02.
- Aquino, Paolo. "International Movie Database". Retrieved 2002-11-02.
- Aquino, Paolo. "Manila Bulletin". Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- Aquino, Paolo. "Pep.ph". Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- Aquino, Paolo. "Stir.ph". Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- Aquino, Jaypee. "film.britishcouncil.org". Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Aquino, Jaypee. "Weekend, German". Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Aquino, Paolo. "Bandera.ph". Retrieved 2011-03-14.