Judge Dredd (1995 video game)
Ben O' Reilly
|Release date(s)||Super NES:|
|Genre(s)||2D action platform|
Judge Dredd (ジャッジ・ドレッド?, "Judge Dredd: The Movie") is an action video game for the Super NES, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, Game Gear and Game Boy originally released in 1995. The game is loosely based on the 1995 film Judge Dredd, which was spun-off from the Judge Dredd comic book.
In the 22nd century, everybody lives in the urban areas of the world. Police officers and lawyers have been abolished and only the Judges are in complete control of human society. One of them, Judge Dredd must pursue the renegade Judge Rico and Mega-City's most dangerous criminals. Eventually, Dredd defeats Rico and wins a final battle with the Dark Judges to rescue Mega-City.
Unlike the film, the game received largely positive reviews upon release.
- "Composer information". SNESMusic.org. Retrieved 2012-01-02.
- "Additional release information". RF Generation. Retrieved 2012-01-23.
- "Japanese title". SuperFamicom.org. Retrieved 2012-07-28.
- "Basic game overview". allgame. Retrieved 2011-12-16.
- "Video game summary". MobyGames. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
- "Basic game overview". Neoseeker. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- "Ending for Judge Dredd (SNES)". VG Museum. Retrieved 2012-01-23.