||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
Judith Owen is a Welsh singer-songwriter. Her first North American album, Emotions on a Postcard, was released in 1996, and has since been followed by five additional releases. She is co-founder of Courgette Records with her husband, Harry Shearer, and her manager, Bambi Moe.
Life and career
She was interviewed on National Public Radio's Weekend Edition Sunday on 17 June 2007, on which she performed several of her songs from her 2007 release Happy This Way. Her cover of Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water" has been used as bumper music on Coast to Coast AM.
In 2008, she released "Mopping Up Karma," followed by 2010's "The Beautiful Damage Collection" (a compilation album). Her most recent album is "Some Kind of Comfort" released in 2012.
On 18 September 2008, a three-song live video performance premiered on LiveDaily Sessions, featuring the songs "Creatures," "I Promise You" and "Let's Hear It For Love". On 25 October 2008, Owen performed "Creatures of Habit" on Public Radio International's What d'Ya Know with Michael Feldman.
She has recorded and toured with Richard Thompson in recent years, notably on the 1000 Years of Popular Music recording and tour. She has also appeared on his albums including The Old Kit Bag and Sweet Warrior.
Her 10th studio release, "Ebb & Flow", « evokes the spirit of the halcyon days of the great 1970s troubadours ». This new opus, released on April 7, 2014 (UK) and May 6, 2014 (USA & Canada), features an amazing trio (became known as "The Section" in the 70's): Leland Sklar on bass, Russ Kunkel on drums and Waddy Wachtel on guitar. She is currently touring in U.S. with this first-class band.
- Emotions On A Postcard (1996), Dog On The Bed Music
- Limited Edition (2000), Dog On The Bed Music
- Twelve Arrows (2003), Dog On The Bed Music
- Christmas In July EP (2004), Century of Progress Productions
- Lost And Found (2005), Courgette
- Here (2006), Courgette
- Happy This Way (2007), Courgette
- Mopping Up Karma (2008), Courgette
- The Beautiful Damage Collection (2010), Courgette
- Some Kind Of Comfort (2012), Courgette
- Ebb & Flow (2014), Twanky Records
- "Berg vs. Obama Lawsuit - Shows". Coast to Coast AM. 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- "Judith Owen Discography". Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Video performance of "Creatures," "I Promise You" and "Let's Hear It For Love" by Judith Owen at LiveDaily Sessions
- "Ebb & Flow". Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Judith Owen Shows". Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- Official website
- Judith Owen on National Public Radio in 2008
- Le Show interview/performance: Shearer, Harry (March 16, 2003). "le Show". HarryShearer.com. Retrieved 2009-01-03.
|This article on a singer-songwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|