|Member of Parliament
for Amber Valley
1 May 1997 – April 2010
|Preceded by||Phillip Oppenheim|
|Succeeded by||Nigel Mills|
10 July 1951 |
Colindale, Middlesex, England, UK
|Alma mater||St Anne's College, Oxford|
She was educated at the North London Collegiate School and St Anne's College, Oxford, gaining a BA Honours degree. From 1975-85 she was a research officer for NUPE, becoming Head of Research. In the 1970s, she was a member of the Communist Party. From 1987-96, she was the Director of the Local Government Information Unit. She was a member of the Hornsey and Wood Green CLP.
She sat on the Treasury Committee and on the Trade and Industry Committee (from 2003). Having worked for NUPE, she has interests in employment rights, as well as animal welfare, the feminist movement and the textile industry. She chaired the Clothing, Textiles & Footwear Group (APPG) from July 1999, and was a member of the Education & Skills Select Committee (from 1997–2001). She was the Chair of the Labour Research Department.
She is a member of UNISON and the Liberty and Socialist Education Association. For the year ending April 2006, she claimed £5,649 in travel expenses. In 2006, she went twice to the Democratic Republic of Congo as an election observer.
- http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19960109/ai_n9634358?tag=content;col1. Missing or empty
- Judy Mallaber MP official constituency website
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 1803–2005
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Stopping downloaders of child porn having credit cards in 2006
- Opposing the Canadian seal fur industry in 2006
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Amber Valley