With Young Boys in 2012
|Date of birth||19 June 1989|
|Place of birth||Vantaa, Finland|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
During the 2009 season, Ojala represented mostly Klubi-04, HJK's reserve squad. In the beginning of the 2010 season, however, he was selected to HJK's first eleven, due to various injuries in the squad. His performances were outstanding, and he quickly established himself as one of the key players in HJK's victorious 2010 campaign, playing in all games. Ojala became one of the best and most talented players in the Veikkausliiga, and his performances provoked widespread international interest. At the end of the 2010 Veikkausliiga season, he was officially selected as the defender of the year.
He gained notoriety in England during Young Boys' 2012–13 UEFA Europa League group stage match against Liverpool at the Stade de Suisse. In an incredible match which ended 5–3 to the Reds, Ojala opened the scoring by embarrassingly putting the ball past Marco Wölfli, his own goalkeeper. He later made amends by scoring a header to bring Young Boys level at 2–2 just after half time.
After a year and a half in Switzerland on 12 February 2013 it was announced that Ojala would transfer to Russian Premier League team Terek Grozny.
In November 2010, after representing Finland on youth levels, Ojala was called up to the national team squad to face San Marino. He made his national team debut on 15 November 2011 in a friendly match against Denmark.
- As of 13 May 2014
|2011–12||Young Boys||Swiss Super League||11||0||1||0||—||12||0|
|2012–13||Terek Grozny||Russian Premier League||3||0||0||0||—||3||0|
- HJK Helsinki
- As of 16 November 2013
|Finland national team|
- HJK Profile
- Isotalo Mikko, Judesoturi, Iltalehti Urheilu 27.7.2010, p. 6
- HJK:n Ojala ja Mäkelä pelipaikkojensa parhaat HS.fi, 21.10.2010
- HJK:n oma kasvattitoppari jatkosopimukseen (Finnish)
- Toppari Juhani Ojala siirtyy Sveitsiin (Finnish)
- "Juhani Ojala siirtyy Venäjän liigaan Terek Groznyin riveihin" (in Finnish). Helsingin Sanomat. 12 February 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "J. OJALA". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- Juhani Ojala at FC Terek Grozny (English) (Russian)
- Juhani Ojala – UEFA competition record
- Juhani Ojala – FIFA competition record
- Juhani Ojala at National-Football-Teams.com
- Juhani Ojala at transfermarkt.co.uk (English) (German) (Italian)
- Juhani Ojala career stats at Soccerbase
- Juhani Ojala at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Juhani Ojala at Soccerway.com
- Stats at Veikkausliiga.com