J (front) performing with Three 6 Mafia bandmate DJ Paul
||Jordan Michael Houston
April 5, 1975 |
||North Memphis, Tennessee, United States
||Rapper, record producer
||Hypnotize Minds, Taylor Gang, Kemosabe, Columbia
||Three 6 Mafia, Taylor Gang, DJ Paul, Project Pat, Wiz Khalifa, French Montana, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne, Lil Wyte
Jordan Michael Houston (born April 5, 1975), better known by his stage name Juicy J, is an American rapper, record producer and Academy Award-winning songwriter. He is a member of the duo Three 6 Mafia and is currently signed to Taylor Gang Records. He has released two solo studio albums with a third, Stay Trippy coming in the summer of 2013.
1991-2009: Career beginnings with Three 6 Mafia 
In 1991, Juicy J co-founded the Southern hip hop group now internationally known as Three 6 Mafia, along with DJ Paul and Lord Infamous. Crunchy Black, Gangsta Boo, and Koopsta Knicca joined the group shortly after. He is the younger brother of fellow rapper, Project Pat. He is also known for being the sole performer on the popular Three 6 Mafia song "Slob on My Knob". He released his solo debut studio album Chronicles of the Juice Man, on July 2, 2002, under North North Records. His second solo album, Hustle Till I Die, was released June 16, 2009, under Hypnotize Minds and Select-O-Hits. He won an Academy Award for Best Original Song for "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp".
2010-present: Taylor Gang Records and Stay Trippy 
Main article: Stay Trippy
From 2009 through 2011, Juicy J moved away from Three 6 Mafia focusing on his solo career. During this time he frequently collaborated with fellow rapper Wiz Khalifa, appearing on his mixtapes and releasing some of his own including Blue Dream & Lean. In December 2011, Juicy J confirmed rumors that he was the newest member of Wiz Khalifa's Taylor Gang imprint. In 2012, he was featured alongside his Taylor Gang label-mates, on the cover of Source Magazine's May 2012 issue. In 2012, he released Stay Trippy's lead single the chart topping, "Bandz a Make Her Dance", which features 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne. It was created in a two bedroom apartment in Washington, DC. The song has peaked at #32 on the Billboard Hot 100.
In an interview in November 2012, Juicy J announced that his third studio album Stay Trippy would be released in early 2013. He showed an interest in working with Nas, Dr. Dre and Jay-Z on the album. Announced guest features to be included on the album are Wiz Khalifa, The Weeknd, Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Project Pat, Maejor Ali, Young Jeezy, Yelawolf, and Big Sean. The album will also feature production from frequent collaborators Lex Luger, Sonny Digital, Mike WiLL Made It, Dr. Luke, Crazy Mike and Juicy J himself. On January 20, 2013, it was announced Juicy J will perform at the 2013 Paid Dues festival on March 30, 2013. On January 25, 2013, he released "Show Out", featuring Big Sean and Young Jeezy, as the second single from Stay Trippy. His third single is "One Of Those Nights" featuring The Weeknd.
Music style 
Juicy J is notable for his crunk style of rapping, highlighted by his "heavy-breathing" and "stomping" background sound effects. Juicy J's production style is characterized by fast-rolling high hats, sharp snares, and deep cinematic bass. He also incorporates samples from classic soul artists such as Willie Hutch, David Ruffin, and Isaac Hayes.
- ^ "Juicy J Signs With Dr. Luke's Label Via Columbia Records". Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- ^ allmusic ((( Project Pat > Biography )))
- ^ AllHipHop.com Daily News - : Juicy J, DJ Paul Prep New Solo Albums, Tour
- ^ "R&B Songs Music Chart". Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- ^ "Juicy J Wants To Work With Jay-Z, Nas & Dr. Dre". Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- ^ 23. Juicy J, Stay Trippy — The 50 Most Anticipated Albums For the Rest of 2012 | Complex
- ^ Juicy J Speaks On Stay Trippy Album With DJ Scream [VIDEO] | Hip-Hop Wired
- ^ Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa And Dr. Luke Cooking Up Some 'Good Gumbo' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com
- ^ Exclusive: Juicy J On Recording "Bands", Longevity In Hip Hop, And "Stay Trippy" Release Date | HotNewHipHop
- ^ Juicy J reveals 'Stay Trippy' Album Features - Music, Celebrity, and Artist News | LoudMusic247
- ^ http://www.complex.com/music/2013/01/the-50-most-anticipated-albums-of-2013/juicy-j-stay-trippy
- ^ http://www.complex.com/music/2013/01/2013-paid-dues-lineup-revealed
External links