The Jujyfruits shapes are Pineapple, Tomato, Raspberry, Grape Bundle, Asparagus Bundle, Banana, and Pea Pod. The banana shape is stamped with "HEIDE." Fruity flavors correspond to the colors (not the shapes) and include raspberry (red), anise/licorice (black), lime (green), orange (orange), and lemon (yellow). The candies are firm and harden with age or when chilled. A sour variety is also available.
One of the basic ingredients of both Jujubes and Jujyfruits is 'Ju-ju gum'. This is supported by the fact that the original Jujubes box lists 'natural gum' as its first ingredient. As of 2009[update], the ingredients listed on Jujyfruits boxes are:
- Corn syrup
- Modified and unmodified cornstarch
- Natural and artificial flavors
- White mineral oil
- Carnauba wax
- Caramel color
- Artificial colors (Yellow 6, Blue 1, Yellow 5 and Red 40)
In the 1970s, Jujyfruits held a promotion where if a token from a Jujyfruits carton and five dollars was sent to the Heide Candy Company, a brass buckle and leather belt would be sent in return.
- "Jujyfruits - Candy you ate as a kid". Old Time Candy. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc. - Who We Are". Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Jujyfruits Promotion". The Candy Wrapper Museum. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
|This confectionery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|