Jukskei flowing past Gillooly's Farm
|- location||Ellis Park , Johannesburg, South Africa|
|- elevation||1,234 m (4,049 ft)|
|Discharge||for Crocodile River|
|- average||0 m3/s (0 cu ft/s)|
The banks are prone to bursting, especially in summer when rainfalls are the heaviest for the year regionally. This spells disaster for the impoverished residents of the Alexandra Township who are often forced to build makeshift shacks along the river banks owing to overcrowding and the need for access to water for washing, drinking and cooking.
- "Water, water... everywhere". City of Johannesburg. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- Exact location of Juksei River
- Crocodile/Marico WMA 3
- "Statement by minister Ronnie Kasrils, Minister of water affairs and forestry". South African Government. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- "Cholera found in Alexandra's Jukskei River". Daily Dispatch. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- "Gauteng residents warned to be cautious in floods". Gauteng Provincial Government. 2006-01-12. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
|This Johannesburg-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|