Julia DeVillers is the author of several books including How My Private, Personal Journal Became A Bestseller. She had a cameo in the 2006 Disney Channel Original Movie, Read It and Weep, which was based on the book.
DeVillers attended Colonie High School in Albany, New York. She studied Communications at the State University of New York, Oswego and obtained an MA in Journalism from Ohio State University. Her twin sister, Jennifer Roy, six minutes older, is also a writer.
DeVillers lives in New Albany, Ohio, with her husband and two children. She lived overseas for a year in Tbilisi, Georgia, while her husband worked in the US Embassy.
- Co-written with Jennifer Roy: Trading Faces, Take Two, Times Squared and Double Feature (Simon & Schuster)
- Liberty Porter, First Daughter series about a 9-year-old girl whose father is elected president and moves into the White House. (Simon&Schuster).
- How My Private Personal Journal Became a Bestseller (E. P. Dutton).
- Emma Emmets, Playground Matchmaker (Razorbill).
- Lynnvisible (E. P. Dutton).
- Princess of Gossip, co-written Sabrina Bryan. (Simon & Schuster MTV books).
- Tuned In.
- GirlWise: How To Be Confident, Capable, Cool and in Control (Random House).
- The College Dorm Survival Guide (Random House).