Julia Ann at the 2010 AVN Expo
October 8, 1969
Glendale, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||127 lb (58 kg)|
|Spouse(s)||Michael Raven (2003–2007)|
|No. of adult films||452 (per IAFD)|
Julia Ann (born October 8, 1969) is the stage name of American pornographic actress, feature dancer and former Penthouse Pet Julia Tavella; she is a member of the AVN Hall of Fame and the XRCO Hall of Fame. She is known for her appearances in the MILF genre of adult film.
By age 18, she was modelling, and then became a professional mud wrestler in Hollywood before becoming one half of the popular touring strip club feature act Blondage, with Janine Lindemulder, in the early 1990s. Their success led to offers to join the adult film industry.
Julia Ann debuted in adult films in 1992 in Andrew Blake's Hidden Obsessions, in a lesbian sex scene with Lindemulder. She has been a contract girl throughout most of her career. Her first exclusive contract was with Vivid Entertainment (during which time she worked solo and also made a series of Blondage films with Janine Lindemulder). Later she had contracts with Digital Playground (1999) and Wicked Pictures (2002). She was again on contract with Wicked Pictures in 2006, but in May 2007 she posted on the members section of her website that she had not renewed her contract with Wicked.
As of February 2014, Julia Ann is ranked as the #27 most popular porn performer on the website Freeones.com down from an all-time high of #8.
Julia Ann has also made appearances as herself on television shows, series, and documentaries such as Rated A for Adult, Night Calls, Give Me Your Soul..., Dreamwagon: Inside the Adult Industry, VS., The Man Show, and How They Make Adult Movies.
In 1989 she appeared in the film American Angels: Baptism of Blood.
In 2013, Julia Ann appeared in a nation-wide commercial for CougarLife.com, a dating site where older women are paired with younger men.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Julia Ann.|
- 1994 Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Film for Hidden Obsessions
- 2000 Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Film for Seven Deadly Sins
- 2004 Best Actress – Video for Beautiful
- 2004 AVN Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2010 Best Makeup for The 8th Day
- 2010 MILF/Cougar Performer of the Year
- 2011 MILF/Cougar Performer of the Year
- 2013 MILF/Cougar Performer of the Year
- 2015 Hottest MILF (Fan Award)
- 1994 Best Girl-Girl Scene for Hidden Obsessions
- 2009 MILF of the Year
- 2011 MILF of the Year
- 2012 XRCO Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2014 MILF Performer of the Year
- 2013 Best MILF Performer (Fan's Choice)
Julia Ann was born Julia Tavella in Glendale, California. Julia Ann is quarter Italian, with her grandfather's family hailing from Torino. She grew up around animals and developed a love for horses; she also took piano lessons and learned to swim "like a fish." At age 12 she moved to Idyllwild, California, where she attended a college-prep school before moving to Los Angeles to live with her grandmother at age 17.
She married adult film director Michael Raven on June 21, 2003, but they divorced in 2007. Besides breast augmentation, Julia Ann also had labiaplasty and a nose job to remove the after effects of a broken nose suffered when a horse kicked her in the face.
Julia Ann claims to never watch any of her own performances, contending that she "is her own harshest critic".
- Wicked Divas: Julia Ann the Legend, Wicked Pictures promotional. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- Dan Miller (2009-08-21). "Up Close with Julia Ann". AVN. Retrieved 2009-10-31.
- "Julia Ann". iafd.com. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- Julia Ann Bio.
- "The Women of Porn", Playboy magazine, March 2002, page 123.
- "Wicked Re-Signs Julia Ann". business.avn.com. 2006-03-27. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- JuliaAnn.com blog entry, May 2007. Retrieved June 29, 2007.
- Tim McKernan (2007-11-28). "An Interview with a Porn Star: Julia Ann". insidestl.com. Retrieved 2007-12-15.[dead link]
- Staff. "Julia Ann (I) Actress - Make Up Department - Writer". Amazon via IMDb. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Staff. "Julia Ann: Ranking". Freeones.com. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Staff. "American Angels: Baptism of Blood (1989)". Amazon via IMDb. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Staff. "Julia Ann Scores National Commercial for CougarLife.com". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- "Julia Ann". avn.com. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "2010 AVN Award Announced". AVN.com. 2010-01-10. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "AVN - And Now... The 2013 AVN Award Winners!". Business.avn.com. 2013-01-23. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2015 AVN Awards". AVN. 2015-01-24. Retrieved 2015-01-25.
- "XRCO past winners". Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- "XRCO Names 25th Annual Award Nominees". AVN. 2009-02-26. Retrieved 2009-08-11.
- Warren, Peter (2012-03-19). "XRCO Announces 2012 Hall of Fame Class". business.avn.com. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Dan Miller (2014-01-24). "2014 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Deep, Sabrina. "Julia Ann Without Makeup". http://fanstalker.net. Retrieved 16 January 2015.