||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2014)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)|
Julian with Tiffany Mynx
|Born||James Julián Ríos
October 12, 1970
|Other names||Jordan Rivers, Julian Andretti, Julián Ruíz|
|Ethnicity||Latin American and Lebanese|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||94 kg (14.8 st; 207 lb)|
Julian grew up in Seattle, Washington. He is the second of six brothers and sisters. Before embarking on his adult industry career, he was enlisted in the United States Marine Corps for six years (1988–1994). He is a veteran of the Gulf War. and later became fluent in four languages.
Julián Ríos entered the world of adult films at the age of 25, after serving as a Marine in the Gulf War and working as a personal trainer. Ríos' early days in porn were marked by two separate scenes where he received oral sex from a male co-star in bisexual videos produced by Chi Chi LaRue, including Fly Bi Night. Julian performed under the name Jordan Rivers. Shortly afterwards, Rios began concentrating exclusively on heterosexual porn.
In the late 1990s, Julian dated and lived with porn actress Stacy Valentine. Their relationship is documented in the film The Girl Next Door. In 2000, he was married to porn actress Jill Kelly. In 2002, he retired from performing to direct and be a partner and Manager of Operations at Jill Kelly Productions with his wife. They stopped having sex with other people, and wanted to start a family.
By 2003, Julian and Kelly had broken up, and he returned to performing and directing pornographic films for other companies.
From its inception in December 2002, Julian hosted cable television program Spice Hotel on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings on Spice Live, which focused on porn star couples. He left in 2005, citing engagements outside pornography, such as real estate, and was replaced by Evan Stone.
Julian married Lanny Barbie in 2005.
In 2006, Julian became a co-owner, along with Derek Dozer, of the pornographic film production company Twisted Pink, and subsequently changed its name to Sudden Impact when taking over the company with Dozer. This was after the founder, Lola, left to join the website Naughty America. Julian had been a contract performer for Twisted Pink while Lola was owner.
Julian left the adult industry in 2008 and briefly dated glamour model Kyla Cole. Since three years back Julian is married to a woman with no connection to the adult industry and is now working as a manager of a large warehouse in California.
Julian is one of the few male porn stars to be offered a production contract with a large adult production company and the only male performer to hold a dual contract with Vivid Video and VCA Pictures at the same time. In fact, he was under contract multiple times: with Metro Pictures, Vivid Entertainment and VCA Pictures, Jill Kelly Productions, New Sensations, Twisted Pink Video and his current company in which he is co-owner, Pistol Whip Media/Sudden Impact Video.
- "Jason Curious: Black Book". jasoncurious.com. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Julian (I) - Biography". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- Sechrest, Jason (22 July 2002). "Jill Kelly & Julian Open Up on Young & Curious". ainews.com. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Julian Retires From Performing, Becomes Partner in JKP". ainews.com. 3 July 2002. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Julian Signed to Platinum X and Red Light; Starts New Series". Adult Video News. 25 September 2003. Retrieved 14 December 2007.
- "Spice Live's Spice Hotel with Evan Stone". 2 February 2005. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- Sullivan, David (18 December 2006). "Twisted Pink Changes Name, Management". Adult Video News. Retrieved 14 December 2007.
- "www.bwdl.net/XRCO-2/oldies.html". bwdl.net. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Julian (pornographic actor).|