Julian Gollop is a British designer of strategy games and strategy video games, and the founder of now-defunct game studios Mythos Games (Target Games) and Codo Technologies. Gollop has designed many video games for numerous systems since the early 1980s. His most popular work to date is the X-COM series of science fiction games, in particular the first and third games in the series, on which he was working together with his brother Nick for MicroProse.
In 2009, IGN ranked Julian Gollop and his brother Nick at 66th place among the top video game creators of all time. 2012's video game XCOM: Enemy Unknown by Firaxis Games pays homage to them in the form of "the Gollop Chamber" facility in the XCOM base. As of 2014, he is living in Sofia, Bulgaria.
|Rebelstar Raiders||1984||Red Shift|
|Chaos: The Battle of Wizards||1985||Games Workshop|
|Rebelstar II||1988||Silverbird Software|
|Laser Squad||1988||Blade Software
Micro League Multimedia
|Lords of Chaos||1990||Blade Software|
|UFO: Enemy Unknown/X-COM: UFO Defense||1994||MicroProse
Spectrum HoloByte (Japan)
|Magic and Mayhem||1998|
|The Dreamland Chronicles: Freedom Ridge||Cancelled||n/a|
|Laser Squad Nemesis||2002||
|Rebelstar: Tactical Command||2005||Namco|
Feral Interactive (Mac OS X)
|Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars||2011||Ubisoft|
|Assassin's Creed III: Liberation||2012||Ubisoft|
|Chaos Reborn||In development|
- "IGN - 66. Nick Gollop". Uk.games.ign.com. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "X-Com creator Julian Gollop on how he would have designed Enemy Unknown differently, and why it would have failed | News". PC Gamer. 2013-04-25. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Julian Gollop - Google". Plus.google.com. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Gollop Games Sunday, November 4, 2012 Chaos Reborn". Gollopgames.com. 2012-11-04. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Julian Gollop’s Chaos Reborn now has a map editor, feature list | News". PC Gamer. 2012-11-18. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- Gollop Games, Julian Gollop's blog
- Julian Gollop at MobyGames
- Chaos Squad: A game tribute site to Julian Gollop
- All Your History: X-COM Part 1: British Invasion by machinima
- Interview With XCOM Creator Julian Gollop at NowGamer
- The Story of X-Com Interview at Eurogamer
- Julian Gollop interview at PC Gamer
- XCOM Commanders: Jake Solomon and Julian Gollop interviewed at Firaxis Games
- X-COM & Tactical Games. With Julian Gollop at the Game Design Round Table
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|