|Associated acts||Blue October
Avenue for Affair
Crash the Stars
Julian's career in rock music began growing up in Lubbock, Texas where he found his passion for music at a young age. Julian is most notably recognized for his work with the band Canvas and with platinum recording artists, Blue October.
He was the lead guitarist for Brother Love, working with Robert Wagner on vocals, Phil Galacia on bass and Xavier Muriel (of Buckcherry) on drums. In 1998 they released an eponymous album that was produced by Dick Wagner (Alice Cooper, Lou Reed, KISS). He also played lead guitar in the Teri Timms fronted rock band Onyxx from Austin, Texas.
Julian played lead guitar in the band Canvas from 1999 until the band parted ways in 2006. That same year, Julian played guitar on Blue October's Foiled tour, covering Justin Furstenfeld's guitar parts while Justin was injured. His performances included Lollapalooza on August 4, 2006, as well as Jimmy Kimmel Live! on June 28, 2006. Julian can be seen performing with Blue October during their 2006 VH1 sessions and he also played Blue October's first shows in Europe, Mexico and Canada. Most notably, Julian performed with Blue October during their November 14, 2006 concert, opening for The Rolling Stones.
Following the breakup of Canvas, Julian played guitar in Joseph King's band which eventually became Deadbeat Darling, as well as setting out to build a new band of his own. After several lineup and name changes, Julian's new band Mothers Anthem made their live debut on June 15, 2007. The band recorded an album Save The Fallen which was released in 2009.
In late 2010, Julian was hired as Blue October's lead guitarist, playing on the Ugly Side: Acoustic Evening with Blue October tour in 2011, Any Man in America tour in 2011-2012 and the Quiet Mind tour in 2012. Julian played his last show with Blue October at their New Year's Eve performance in El Paso and did pre-production with the band on their seventh studio album, SWAY, before officially parting ways in February 2013. One of the songs he co-wrote, "Hard Candy" was included on the album. He is no longer in the band Blue October, but as of 2014 is working on a new musical project.
Julian married fellow musician Anne Brosh on April 16, 2010. They live in Austin, Texas and have two children.
- Schmid, Chelsea (31 August 2007). "Texas bands end the summer on a high note". Ram Page. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- Discography WagnerMusic.com
- Universal/Motown Records Press Release (May 3, 2006) Blue October Tour Postponed as Justin Furstenfeld Prepares for Surgery on Broken Leg
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Hate Me Retrieved July 12, 2013
- "Blue October - Into The Ocean (Live@VH1.com)" YouTube. Oct. 7, 2009. Retrieved July 12, 2013.
- Moser, Emily. (February 4, 2010) "Mothers Anthem"
- 78triple6 Blue October to Release Acoustic CD on April 26th Feb 19, 2011
- Blue October.com "The Quiet Mind Tour" (Retrieved July 12, 2013)
- Texas Marriage Records