||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Associated acts||Made Out of Babies
Battle of Mice
Mouth of the Architect
Strings of Consciousness
|Website||madeoutofbabies.com http://www.myspace.com/spylacopa http://www.battleofmice.com/ http://myspace.com/juliechristmas|
Julie Christmas is an American musician from Brooklyn, New York. She is the former lead singer of defunct Brooklyn-based noise rock band Made Out of Babies and the former lead singer of defunct post-metal supergroup Battle of Mice.
Julie is / was involved with Spylacopa, an experimental musical project headed by Candiria guitarist John LaMacchia, along with Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape Plan and Jeff Caxide of Isis. Spylacopa released a self-titled EP in 2008.
To compose the themes of her debut album, Julie met with lofty collaborators from bands like Made Out of Babies, Dub Trio, Candiria, Victory At Sea and Spylacopa. The sound of this album is quite varied and difficult to label as different styles are present, mixing songs that are quite intimate, almost ballad-like with issues that are more direct and corrosive. The Bad Wife is the name of her first solo album.
In 2012, Christmas appeared on the record from beyond love by Strings of Consciousness.
- With Made Out of Babies
- Trophy (2005, Neurot Recordings)
- Coward (2006, Neurot Recordings)
- The Ruiner (2008, The End Records)
- With Battle of Mice
- Triad (2006, Neurot Recordings)
- A Day of Nights (2006, Neurot Recordings)
- Jesu/Battle of Mice split EP (2008, Robotic Empire)
- The Bad Wife (2010, Rising Pulse Records)
- Coextinction Records 5 (2011, Coextinction Records)
- Spylacopa (2008, Rising Pulse Records)
- Quietly by Mouth of the Architect (2008, Translation Loss Records) — vocals on "Generation of Ghosts"
- from beyond love by Strings of Consciousness (2012, Staubgold) — vocals on "The Drone from Beyond Love"
- We Reach: The Music of the Melvins (a 2005 tribute album to the Melvins, Fractured Transmitter Recording Company)
- NYC Sucks, Volume 1 (2010 compilation of bands from the New York metal scene by MetalSucks.net. The compilation features "Invisible Ink" from Made Out of Babies' The Ruiner)
- Falling Down IIV (2012, Falling Down. The compilation features "Scalps" and a DVD performance of "Bow | Mains D'Oeuvres, Paris, FR -18/04/2011 Live")
- Signal to noise. Signal to Noise. 2008. p. 109.