October 12, 1982 |
Sacramento, California, United States
|Genre||Young adult fiction|
|Literary movement||Contemporary fantasy, urban fantasy, and fantasy of manners|
Julie Kagawa (born October 12, 1982) is an American author, best known for writing the Iron Fey series consisting of four books: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, and The Iron Knight.
She was born in Sacramento, California, but moved to Hawaii with her family at the age of nine. Kagawa is of Japanese descent. She currently lives in Louisville, Kentucky. Kagawa has written novellas, along with novels. Three novellas were written in the Iron Fey series: Winter's Passage, Summer's Crossing, and Iron's Prophecy. In August all three were published together as The Iron Legends. A short novella of the lovers of the Iron Fey series during Valentine's Day was published on Kagawa's website. She has written a spin-off series of the Iron Fey called Call of the Forgotten. The first book, The Lost Prince, was published in October 2012. The second book, The Iron Traitor, was published in 29 October 2013.
Kagawa's new vampire series is called Blood of Eden. The first book of this series is called The Immortal Rules and was published April 24, 2012. The second book is titled The Eternity Cure and was published May 1, 2013. The series has been optioned to become a movie by Joni Sighvatsson of Palomar Pictures. Kagawa has also opened her own Etsy shop where she sells her miniature clay figurines.
The Iron Fey Series
- The Iron King (2010)
- Winter's Passage (2010) short fiction
- The Iron Daughter (2010)
- The Iron Queen (2011)
- Summer's Crossing (2011) short fiction
- The Iron Knight (2011)
- Iron's Prophecy (released September 1, 2012) short fiction
- The Iron Legends (released August 28, 2012) omnibus edition
The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten Trilogy
- Dawn of Eden, short story published in 'Til The World Ends (released January 29, 2013)
- The Immortal Rules (released April 24, 2012)
- The Eternity Cure (released April 30, 2013)
- The Forever Song (released April 15, 2014)
- Talon, (released October 28, 2014)
- Bell, Tamara: YA author Julie Kagawa inspiring young writers, Keeping Up with Gen Y (WomensRadio).
- www.etsy.com https://www.etsy.com/shop/KagawaCrafts. Retrieved 12/2/14. Check date values in:
|accessdate=(help); Missing or empty
- "Palomar Pictures Options The Immortal Rules and Blood of Eden Series by New York Times Bestselling Author Julie Kagawa". PR Newswire. 19 April 2012.
- "Julie Kagawa's "The Immortal Rules" Gets Optioned For Film". wovenmyst.com. 19 April 2012.