6 August 1967
Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada
|Occupation||TV presenter, Game show presenter|
|Partner(s)||Pierre-Karl Péladeau (2001-2014)|
Julie Snyder (born 6 August 1967 in Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada) is a Francophone Canadian talk show host and producer, appearing as host or guest on various television programs in Canada and France.
Snyder currently hosts the French-Canadian adaptation of Deal or No Deal in Canada, Le Banquier, which began 24 January 2007 on the TVA network which became the top-rated television program in Quebec.
From 2001 to 2014, Snyder was the common-law wife of Pierre Karl Péladeau, the president and CEO of Quebecor Media, the parent company of TVA. She has two children with Péladeau, Thomas (born May 2005) and Romy (born October 2008). They split in January 2014.
In the waning days of the 2012 Quebec election, Snyder hosted a Parti Quebecois (A separatist party that wants Quebec to separate from Canada) rally where she heaped praise on the leader of the PQ, Pauline Marois. Synder has also backed the controversial values Charter that was tabled by the PQ government.
- "Nouvelles des diplômes (Alumni news)" (PDF). Brébuf Express (in French). Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf. 17 January 2007. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- Bailey, Patricia (25 October 2007). "The perfect host" (in French). CBC News. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- Bailey, Patricia (20 August 2007). "Julie Snyder: TV host dynamo and blockbuster producer". Playback. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Julie Snyder (biography)" (in French). TVA. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Julie Snyder est la personnalité télé de l'année" (in French). Canoë. 16 December 2003. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Julie Snyder a accouché". Metro (Montreal). 21 October 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Pierre Karl Péladeau and Julie Snyder announce split". CTV Montreal. 10 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Quebec Liberals sound warning over Péladeau’s media influence". The Star (Toronto). 10 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
|This Quebec biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|