August 6, 1967 |
Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada
|Occupation||TV presenter, Game show presenter|
|Partner(s)||Pierre-Karl Péladeau (2001-)|
Julie Snyder (born August 6, 1967 in Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada) is a Francophone Canadian talk show host and producer, appearing as host or guest on various television programs in Canada and France.
Snyder currently hosts the French-Canadian adaptation of Deal or No Deal in Canada, Le Banquier, which began 24 January 2007 on the TVA network which became the top-rated television program in Quebec.
From 2001 to 2014, Snyder was the common-law wife of Pierre Karl Péladeau, the president and CEO of Quebecor Media, the parent company of TVA. She has two children with Péladeau, Thomas (born May 2005) and Romy (born October 2008). They split in January 2014.
In the waning days of the 2012 Quebec election, Snyder hosted a Parti Québécois rally where she heaped praise on the party leader, Pauline Marois. Snyder has also backed the controversial Quebec Charter of Values that was tabled by the PQ government.
- "Nouvelles des diplômes (Alumni news)" (PDF). Brébuf Express (in French). Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf. 17 January 2007. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- Bailey, Patricia (25 October 2007). "The perfect host" (in French). CBC News. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- Bailey, Patricia (20 August 2007). "Julie Snyder: TV host dynamo and blockbuster producer". Playback. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Julie Snyder (biography)" (in French). TVA. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Julie Snyder est la personnalité télé de l'année" (in French). Canoë. 16 December 2003. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Julie Snyder a accouché". Metro (Montreal). 21 October 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Pierre Karl Péladeau and Julie Snyder announce split". CTV Montreal. 10 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Quebec Liberals sound warning over Péladeau’s media influence". The Star (Toronto). 10 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
|This Quebec biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|