||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2013)|
||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (April 2013)|
|Occupation||Author, media personality|
Julie Spira is an author and media personality on the subjects of online dating, social media, mobile dating, and netiquette. She wrote The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. Spira has written about the intersection of love and technology for numerous publications.
Spira’s book The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online is a tell-all memoir of 250 online dates, and includes Internet dating advice for singles. The Santa Monica Daily Press called it "a must for this generation of singles, both male and female, who are into cyber-dating." Spira’s second book will be titled The Rules of Netiquette: How to Mind your Manners on the Web.
Spira is often called upon as an online dating expert in the media. She has made appearances to discuss online dating safety, mobile dating, and other relationship topics. Spira has been a guest on NPR’s All Things Considered as a mobile dating expert, speaking about the history of computer dating from the 1950s to the present day of mobile dating apps. Spira’s Mobile Dating BootCamp was featured in the Washington Post, where she discussed the rapid growth of mobile dating and social networking applications.
- Psychology Today, Elizabeth Svoboda, January 01, 2011, [http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201012/the-thoroughly-modern-guide-breakups The Thoroughly Modern Guide to Breakups – Psychology Today
- Huffington Post, author page, Julie Spira retrieved August 21, 2012
- CNN Living, Stephanie Steinberg, June 22, 2011, [http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/06/22/date.my.school/index.html New Dating Site Helps College Students Find Love - CNN
- Mar. 1, 2012; Andrea Bartz; USA Weekend, Social Media Rules For Grown Ups
- Expert Opinions: Getting Satisfaction from Internet Dating” – Crain’s New York Business, June 7, 2009
- Mashable.com, How Social Media Helps Romantic Relationships Thrive
- Ithaca College View, Finding Love Online
- Dane Robert Swanson, April 04, 2009, Santa Monica Daily Press, The Perils of Cyber-Dating
- NBC News, Julie Spira Interview
- Jan 25, 2011, WebWire, Julie Spira Signs Foreign Rights Agreement for The Perils of Cyber-Dating
- NBC News, Mobile Dating Apps Connecting More People Looking For Love
- October 07, 2011; Sarah LeTrent, CNN; 'It's complicated': Handling social media when your relationship implodes
- Amanda Greene, Woman's Day, WD’s Guide to Online Dating
- Toronto Sun, Sext Regret?
- Prevention Magazine; Should You Ditch Online Dating? – Prevention Magazine
- Shirin Najafi; Glamour Magazine; How Facebook, Twitter, and Gchat Can Ruin Your Relationship
- NPR, Smartphone Apps Help More Singles Find The Boy (Or Girl) Next Door
- Washington Post, Mobile Dating Apps Grow in Popularity
- "Big Brothers, Big Sisters Dream Big" - Beverly Hills Courier, Oct. 15, 2010