Julio César Gutiérrez Vega
|Julio César Gutiérrez Vega|
|Institutions||Center for Optics, Monterrey Institute of Technology.|
|Alma mater||Monterrey Institute of Technology (ITESM)
the National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics (INAOE).
|Doctoral advisor||Sabino Chávez Cerda|
Julio César Gutiérrez Vega is a Mexican physicist who has done pioneering work on wave propagation of optical fields; particularly, he introduced the Mathieu family of non-diffracting optical beams (with Sabino Chávez Cerda) and the Helmholtz-Gauss beams —a parabolic family of non-diffracting optical beams— with Miguel A. Bandrés.
Gutiérrez Vega received both a bachelor's degree in Industrial Physics Engineering (1991) and a master's degree in Electrical Engineering (1995) from the Monterrey Institute of Technology (ITESM) and obtained a doctorate degree in optics from the National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics (INAOE, 2000).
He is also a member of the Mexican Academy of Sciences (since 2004), a member of the Mexico's National System of Researchers (SNI, level 3), has received the 2008 Rómulo Garza Award for research and development, and currently serves as director of the Center for Optics and as head of the Photonics and Mathematical Optics Group at the Monterrey Institute of Technology.
- "Investigadores: Sabino Chávez Cerda" (in Spanish). Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica, Óptica y Electrónica. Retrieved 2009-11-06.
- Bandres, Miguel A.; Gutierrez-Vega, Julio C. (2005). "Vector Helmholtz-Gauss and vector Laplace-Gauss beams". Optics Letters (Optical Society of America) 30 (16): 2155–2157. Bibcode:2005OptL...30.2155B. doi:10.1364/OL.30.002155. PMID 16127941. Retrieved 2009-11-06.
- "Sistema de Información de Investigación y Posgrado: Julio César Gutiérrez Vega" (in Spanish). Tecnológico de Monterrey. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- "Reconocen labor de investigadores con el Premio Rómulo Garza 2008". Crónica Intercampus (in Spanish) (Tecnológico de Monterrey). 2009-01-23. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- "Julio César Gutiérrez Vega: Nuevo director del Centro de Óptica". Boletín (in Spanish) (Sociedad Mexicana de Física). 2005-10. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
|This article about a physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Mexican scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|